Somehow created a cam I can't see or get rid of

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
While messing around adding a new cam today I made a copy of another cam. Long story as far as that goes but my issue now is that I have a 'phantom' camera that I can't see or get to show up in the BI interface in order to delete it. It's not hidden or disabled. Those toggles are set to show if it was. It does show up in UI2/UI3 and it won't let me create another by that same name so it is in there somewhere. Just doesn't appear in the normal BI console.

Is there a way to bring up a list of all cams or somewhere else that I can get to it to kill it off?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
While messing around adding a new cam today I made a copy of another cam. Long story as far as that goes but my issue now is that I have a 'phantom' camera that I can't see or get to show up in the BI interface in order to delete it. It's not hidden or disabled. Those toggles are set to show if it was. It does show up in UI2/UI3 and it won't let me create another by that same name so it is in there somewhere. Just doesn't appear in the normal BI console.

Is there a way to bring up a list of all cams or somewhere else that I can get to it to kill it off?
Delete it in the registry, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\blue iris\cameras

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks. Did that but also found it in the process. It was off on its own on the desktop as a separate single camera window outside of BI. Not sure how that happened.

In any case, killed it in the registry and killed it on the desktop and it's gone.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Did that but also found it in the process. It was off on its own on the desktop as a separate single camera window outside of BI. Not sure how that happened.

In any case, killed it in the registry and killed it on the desktop and it's gone.
If you dont have drag lock enabled its easy to accidentally slide it onto the desktop.