Someone slap me. I can't seem to re-connect my wifi Amcrest cameras.

Weather_Junkie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All,
I've done this 100s of times but for some reason, BI doesn't see my wifi cameras. I changed my router password and reset both cameras back to factory. Sometimes the Amcrest app I use to bring them back into the network doesn't recognize the custom IP addresses I give them. So now they have their default IP addresses. The weird thing is, the cameras usually default to 192.168.xx.xx and I have no problem adding them to BI. But now Fing shows both cameras defaulting to 172.27.xx.xx. Does that have anything to do with BI not recognizing them and, why are they not defaulting to 192.xx? Even when I leave the IP address blank to let BI find everything on the network, it only shows my three wired cameras and no Amcrest Wifi. The only thing I can tell you that I believe is different is that I put the cameras on the guest wifi to keep them separate from the rest of the wifi junk in the house. I also have Stunnel running and even tried stopping it thinking it's trying to hit a different port but nothing worked. Any help is appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I've done this 100s of times but for some reason, BI doesn't see my wifi cameras. I changed my router password and reset both cameras back to factory. Sometimes the Amcrest app I use to bring them back into the network doesn't recognize the custom IP addresses I give them. So now they have their default IP addresses. The weird thing is, the cameras usually default to 192.168.xx.xx and I have no problem adding them to BI. But now Fing shows both cameras defaulting to 172.27.xx.xx. Does that have anything to do with BI not recognizing them and, why are they not defaulting to 192.xx? Even when I leave the IP address blank to let BI find everything on the network, it only shows my three wired cameras and no Amcrest Wifi. The only thing I can tell you that I believe is different is that I put the cameras on the guest wifi to keep them separate from the rest of the wifi junk in the house. I also have Stunnel running and even tried stopping it thinking it's trying to hit a different port but nothing worked. Any help is appreciated.
Putting the cameras on the guest network block access as the router by default keeps them separate.