Sound from Chinese 2532-IS ?

ADCS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has anybody been able to get sound from a DS-2CD2532-IS camera purchased recently from CCTV-China? Mine is from Nov 2014. No audio in live view or during recordings. I have tried all of the audio encoders and the cam is set to stream video & audio. :sad:

There seems to have been a few threads on this topic but no resolution. Anybody contacted the seller yet?

http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?1784-Hikvision-2532F-IS-not-getting-any-audio-through
http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?1877-DS-2CD2532F-IS-cannot-get-built-in-mic-working!
http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?1597-DS-2CD2532F-IS-how-to-record-audio
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/waterproof-IR-IP-Camera-3-0MP-Mini-Dome-Network-DS-2CD2532F-IS-Hot-New-High-Quality/638300_1675650811.html

Reaction score
Yes, this is not an isolated problem, I've had both of my cameras have the same issue. Contacted Julia from CCTV-Camera China, and she was utterly unhelpful, just took me around in circles. But when you buy from Aliexpress, crappy support is a given :( I just hope it's not a hardware issue. Any ideas anyone?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, this is not an isolated problem, I've had both of my cameras have the same issue. Contacted Julia from CCTV-Camera China, and she was utterly unhelpful, just took me around in circles. But when you buy from Aliexpress, crappy support is a given :( I just hope it's not a hardware issue. Any ideas anyone?
They are not going to help you...file a dispute with aliexpress and a chargeback with your credit card company...

Reaction score
They are not going to help you...file a dispute with aliexpress and a chargeback with your credit card company...
Unfortunately I've already confirmed the goods as received, so I don't think theres anything I can do really. It's not really a major issue, I'm just disappointed because I'm using one of my 2532's as a front door camera, so audio would be nice to have. ADCS, if you havent yet completed the order, perhaps you can do as fenderman suggests!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You still may be able to leave a review..not sure...depending on the credit card used they may be able to help you...if you really want the audio you can always sell the camera (take a bit of a hit, some folks dont need the audio) and get the cam from a US seller that can confirm the audio is working..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This may also be firmware related...who knows..maybe @CBX can offer some insight...

Last edited by a moderator:

ADCS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Unfortunately I've already confirmed the goods as received, so I don't think theres anything I can do really. It's not really a major issue, I'm just disappointed because I'm using one of my 2532's as a front door camera, so audio would be nice to have. ADCS, if you havent yet completed the order, perhaps you can do as fenderman suggests!
I also confirmed receipt of the camera...before making sure audio worked. :sad:

ADCS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You still may be able to leave a review..not sure...depending on the credit card used they may be able to help you...if you really want the audio you can always sell the camera (take a bit of a hit, some folks dont need the audio) and get the cam from a US seller that can confirm the audio is working..
That is a good idea. I will keep my eye on LTS deals....

This may also be firmware related...who knows..maybe @CBX can offer some insight...
That would be nice...

Firmware V5.2.0 build 140721
Encoding version V5.0 build 140714