Sound on only one camera when duplicating camera.

Mattias

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have an issue when I duplicate a camera in Blue Iris (Version 4.2.3.4 x64). One camera for continues recording and the copy of the camera for motion detection and recording clips only. The problem I have is that I’m only getting sound on the “primary” camera so to speak not the copy. This could easy be fixed with the option to use a sound stream from a different camera but unfortunately when I restart the program I don’t have any control on what camera becomes the primary and copy so to speak. Could anyone else test this and see so it’s not only my computer?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have an issue when I duplicate a camera in Blue Iris (Version 4.2.3.4 x64). One camera for continues recording and the copy of the camera for motion detection and recording clips only. The problem I have is that I’m only getting sound on the “primary” camera so to speak not the copy. This could easy be fixed with the option to use a sound stream from a different camera but unfortunately when I restart the program I don’t have any control on what camera becomes the primary and copy so to speak. Could anyone else test this and see so it’s not only my computer?
Welcome to the forum..It should work on both...update to the latest release, if that doesn't help, try deleting both cameras and adding them again.

Mattias

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yea, I've done both, but dosen't work. I acually even installed a clean installation of blue iris on my laptop and added the camera twice and only got audio on one of them... Then I restared the program a couple of times so the other camera finaly when as "primay" and then I only had sound on that one so I think its a small bug in the program there.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yea, I've done both, but dosen't work. I acually even installed a clean installation of blue iris on my laptop and added the camera twice and only got audio on one of them... Then I restared the program a couple of times so the other camera finaly when as "primay" and then I only had sound on that one so I think its a small bug in the program there.
I tested it and it works fine..something else going on...email support and see what he says.

Mattias

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, Thanks for the feedback... I will try some more and test another camera and see if that helps...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, Thanks for the feedback... I will try some more and test another camera and see if that helps...
See the release notes for the newest version in the whats new section..i believe this issue has been resolved.

Mattias

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes I just downloaded it and tested it. Works perfectly now! Extremely fast response on a reported small "bug" and then fixed in a next update a few days later!