Space Error Messages

kaamady

n3wb
Reaction score
When I'm on the home screen of blue iris, I see a message in red at the bottom that looks like this:
!! D: -3.09T, C:+22.4G

D: is my 4TB storage drive where the video files go
C: is the 128GB SSD that holds windows and blue iris

What does this mean? How do I fix this.

I also just noticed that in the clip viewer, I can only see that I have stored footage for about 5 days back. I'm supposed to be able to see back to the beginning of March, but I can't. All the video files are still on the hard drive, but they don't show up in the clip viewer.

I want this to be set up to where it records, when it gets full I'd like for it to start deleting the oldest clips 1 day at a time. The settings to do this aren't straight forward, and now I have missing recordings. Help me please.

Screenshots attached below

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@kaamady With respect to the red error message...see this from the help file..
The status bar contains three important areas:
On the left is an area for context-sensitive help messages. You will notice that this text changes as you hover the cursor over the Blue Iris window to describe what's below the cursor.Next is a status display describing the utilization of your clip storage folders. This display may consist of these numbers:

• The number of files in the folder. It is considered a warning condition if this number surpasses 200,000.
  • The amount of headroom on the drive beyond what's required to store 100% of the folder's specified maximum size. It is considered an error condition if this number falls below 1GB. Ideally you should reserve enough free space to accommodate at least 15 minutes worth of completed files from each camera, as the process to store and delete files only runs occasionally. The clip storage status display will be shown in red if there is a warning or error condition.
  • The current CPU utilization (approximately). If this number approaches 100% it is considered an error condition and the number will be shown in red.

With respect to your missing recordings, is the Record folder the only folder that all your cameras record to?
Sidenote: if you go to camera properties>general > event color and set each camera to a unique color, you will be able to distinguish the cameras on the timeline instead of seeing one blue line...This will not be retroactive, it will start with new recordings..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking at your additional photos, you have "selected camera only" selected in your clips view - its the second icon from the right....deselect it and you should see all your clips..

kaamady

n3wb
Reaction score
The selected camera only will show clips from only the selected camera, correct? Camera 1 is selected. Look at the last photo that shows clips from Camera 1 that date back to March. In the calendar clip selection, it doesn't go back that far. Same with every other camera.

The record folder is the only folder I have set for camera recordings. All of the recording are in that file, but they don't show up inside blue iris.

kaamady

n3wb
Reaction score
@kaamady With respect to the red error message...see this from the help file..
The status bar contains three important areas:
On the left is an area for context-sensitive help messages. You will notice that this text changes as you hover the cursor over the Blue Iris window to describe what's below the cursor.Next is a status display describing the utilization of your clip storage folders. This display may consist of these numbers:

• The number of files in the folder. It is considered a warning condition if this number surpasses 200,000.
  • The amount of headroom on the drive beyond what's required to store 100% of the folder's specified maximum size. It is considered an error condition if this number falls below 1GB. Ideally you should reserve enough free space to accommodate at least 15 minutes worth of completed files from each camera, as the process to store and delete files only runs occasionally. The clip storage status display will be shown in red if there is a warning or error condition
The maximum filesize is set to 3500GB. I have an extra 200GB setting there. None of the above explains what's happening. I've already read the above copy and pasted text inside the help file.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The selected camera only will show clips from only the selected camera, correct? Camera 1 is selected. Look at the last photo that shows clips from Camera 1 that date back to March. In the calendar clip selection, it doesn't go back that far. Same with every other camera.

The record folder is the only folder I have set for camera recordings. All of the recording are in that file, but they don't show up inside blue iris.
Try rebuilding the database...

kaamady

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually, after looking at the logs, I have more than 200,000 files....
How do I set it up to save each camera clip in it's own folder in the record folder?

Aka.

D:/Record
D:/Record/cam1
D:/Record/cam2
D:/Record/cam3
D:/Record/cam4
D:/Record/cam5

rather than all cam files in D:/Record

How do you repair the database? It's set to auto repair at 2am everyday (The computer is on 24/7)

kaamady

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually, after looking at the logs, I have more than 200,000 files....
How do I set it up to save each camera clip in it's own folder in the record folder?

Aka.

D:/Record
D:/Record/cam1
D:/Record/cam2
D:/Record/cam3
D:/Record/cam4
D:/Record/cam5

rather than all cam files in D:/Record

How do you repair the database? It's set to auto repair at 2am everyday (The computer is on 24/7)
I should probably quit editing posts so much. I'm sure you missed the above things due to that. Sorry.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@kaamadyRight click on the clip viewer and select database>repair/regenerate...
There is no benefit to recording to separate folders...unless you want to spread the folders over various drives or if you want to have different size or time limits for how long video should be kept for various cams..
If you want to do a teamviewer session, PM me and i can try to see whats going on..

kaamady

n3wb
Reaction score
Repairing the database fixed the missing clips and the error message!

Thanks alot!

Last edited by a moderator: