Special connectors needed.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does anyone have any knowledge of a lock tight fitting that goes from 3/4" down to 1/2"? Or how to reduce it down? I can't find anyone where I live that has the proper connectors. I have 3/4" inlets on my one junction box plus 3/4" flexible PVC tubing but the box that I got for my corner mount, the PFA120 only has 1/2" inlets. I wish I could make the PFA120 inlets larger. The cat6 cables I'm using won't fit in that 1/2" tube without a lot of fight, if at all.

Well, after thinking about it, maybe I can make the hole larger. Do you think it would work to make the hole larger. I would not screw it in because there would not be any slots but the nipple would fit through, the rubber washer would seal it underneath and the metal nut would tighten it down. Has anyone tried this? Thanks

Sparky19053

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A good electrical suppler will carry what is called an enlarger fitting, 1/2 male to 3/4 female.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I got it all figured out. I just drilled out the hole of the junction box to make it a full inch and used the 3?4" fittings. It was probably not the best option but I made it work and it is sealed water tight.