Specify zones used for DeepStack [5.4.9.9]

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Specify zones used for DeepStack [5.4.9.9]
Specify known plates for Plate Recognizer for alert rules; “myplates” and “notmyplates”
objects may be applied to individual alert actions [5.4.9.9]

stev067

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also saw there is a new "timeout" variable on the AI tab. At least I think it's new. Is there a place where the more descriptive change details can be found? Or would the new changes be updated in the help section of the program?

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be much about these changes in the Help section leaving me with some questions.

The new timeout feature in BI settings>AI defaults to 15 seconds. Does this override the camera properties>trigger>AI settings for number/interval of frames to analyze? As of now you can set DS analysis up to 60 seconds in camera properties. In BI settings you can set the new timeout to 999 seconds.

You can now specify zones used for DS. I see that in camera properties>trigger>AI but I don't see an application for it. If zone(s) are setup for a camera, then object detection rules and alert tab settings should give DS what it needs to analyze with the trigger area. I'm probably missing some important application for this new feature, but I can't see it unless a zone is needed to trigger/record for motion but not alert, while a different zone for the same camera may require a DS analysis before alerting?

Objects may be applied to individual alert actions--I've had a look and can't find anything new in camera properties>alerts>on alert. All the DS object options were there prior to 5.4.9.9 unless I'm missing something.

Last edited:

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can now specify zones used for DS. I see that in camera properties>trigger>AI but I don't see an application for it. If zone(s) are setup for a camera, then object detection rules and alert tab settings should give DS what it needs to analyze with the trigger area.
Did we end up getting any clarification on this? I've played around with checking/unchecking various zones and I can't see it making any difference for me.

chewbucka

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure if this is possible, but I have a driveway camera and front yard camera that can both see the street. I setup a zone for the street and when it's triggered causes AI to determine if it's a car/truck/person etc. I use the option to record on alert so that I don't get recordings from trees and flags blowing, or shadows. That seems to work well. Now, I want to setup a second zone that is just my property (inverse of the street zone). If someone enters that zone, I want to use the "on alert" functionality to send a notification. Again, this works great if you walk into the zone that specifies my property before the street zone. If you were walking down the sidewalk, that triggers the recording, but then if I turn and enter the property zone while the street zone is already triggered, I don't get any alerts. I have the option selected for re-trigger. I'm not using the object detection in BI5 since I'm using AI deepstacks.

Is there a way to have two zones control recording (either the street or property zone), and then just the property zone for alerts even if someone triggers the street zone and crosses into the property zone?

What I ended up doing for now was to create hidden cloned cameras to alert when the property zone is crossed and use the real camera for recording an entire scene zone.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The clone option is probably the best and simplest option. You could try creating a other zone of just your property not including sidewalk and tell it to just alert on that but I have found it to not be reliable for lots of reasons. The clone simply just works.