Spider Webs

Gary R.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I have my front yard camera setup to alarm starting at about 11PM and setup zones instead of object detection, so that someone would have to cross the B zone then the C zone to trip an alarm. A damn spider put a web across the camera lens and last night my neighbors mentioned it was going off a lot. The web must have blown off shortly after that.

Any suggestions on how to combat that. I used a spray to combat bugs around the house, but I am not sure that is the long term solution to that.

Haven't figured out if Amazon Echo can inform me of alerts yet, haven't go into that yet. Running latest version.

G.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I have my front yard camera setup to alarm starting at about 11PM and setup zones instead of object detection, so that someone would have to cross the B zone then the C zone to trip an alarm. A damn spider put a web across the camera lens and last night my neighbors mentioned it was going off a lot. The web must have blown off shortly after that.

Any suggestions on how to combat that. I used a spray to combat bugs around the house, but I am not sure that is the long term solution to that.

Haven't figured out if Amazon Echo can inform me of alerts yet, haven't go into that yet. Running latest version.

G.
There are several thread discussing it...search spider...
using Turret cameras instead of bullet/domes almost completely eliminates this issue...you can also use external ir light or better yet, external white light.