Split Camera feed to HDMI and CAT5e

GaryDZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That is incorrect. You were offered a solution of using a cheap mini 50 dollar NVR. It would boot right up. If your reasoning that was "too lengthy to explain" was simply the automatic bootup, then why didnt you say so.
There are ways to make a firestick boot an app at startup. There are other alternatives like a Pi that can be set to auto boot into your camera view. There are also network decoders that are designed for this however a cheap NVR would do just as well for a fraction of the price.

Yes if you are not willing to do the research to find out what hikvision camera 3x logic is rebranding or do basic searches for alternatives, then yes, just spend the 660 and call it a day.
So what good is a stand alone NVR when the camera in question must not only go to the monitor but also to the main 14 camera NVR. If I am missing how to do that, please educate me.

The network decoders look like there is a LAN input (for the camera I presume) but how would it connect to the main 14 camera NVR?

That was uncalled for. I spent 3 hours researching a rebranded 3X Logic camera to no avail. Not good enough for you?

I am here to get advice and I appreciate everyone's help.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
almost all cameras can support more than one NVR pulling streams from it., so you could have both your main and secondary display pulling from it simultaneously, if you go that way.

or get a Roku TV, put ip cam viewer app on it to pull from the cam directly, or from your main NVR, and display that way. lots of ways to skin this cat...

smole

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm using a raspberry Pi 3 B with rpisurv to view 4 RTSP streams over Lan and Wan ( i have a few RPI's).

A little effort is needed to set it up (detailed guides are all over the internet), but once it's set up it's rock solid, and in my opinion a lot cheaper than any network decoder.

Does a network decoder take mouse input so you can enlarge a singe stream of out lets say 2x2 screen or is it "set it and forget it" only?

GaryDZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I searched Dahua and could not find this. Thank You!!!

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I now have a few options to decide upon. I will let you know which way I went and how it worked out.
As it turned out we needed to monitor not one but four cameras. We felt the best solution was the Synology VisualStation VS360HD. Thanks again for all your help. It was an education>

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As it turned out we needed to monitor not one but four cameras. We felt the best solution was the Synology VisualStation VS360HD. Thanks again for all your help. It was an education>
Poor choice. 400 bux for an old underpowered 2015 device that doesnt support h.265. A 50 dollar cheap nvr will do exactly the same thing.

GaryDZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you referring to this? If so, will the 4 cameras setup I configure survive a power loss and then resume when power returns with no user intervention?

GaryDZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you referring to this? If so, will the 4 cameras setup I configure survive a power loss and then resume when power returns with no user intervention?
Never mind. I see where you answered that question in a previous post. Thank you. I will try your suggestion.

Nick6

n3wb
Reaction score
GaryDZ, I needed the same so I'm using Raspberry Pi's with omxplayer to restream the feed coming from the NVR.
With omxlpayer, it's possible to display multiple cam's on 1 screen.
HTH

edit: optionally check this thread for additional info

Last edited: