Spy camera?

farnk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
I haven't posted in awhile. Not sure if what I am looking for is a spy camera.
I am looking for a camera that I can place inside something like a backpack or small square bag and that will allow me to view video on my cellphone.

thanks,
Frank

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Obviously the cam will have to be battery-powered so consider a dashcam for a car.
Most are powered by a plug-in cigar lighter adapter ("CLA") that converts the car's 12VDC to 5VDC for the dashcam. Because the cord is USB, you could plug the cam instead into into a 5VDC rechargeable power bank.
The dashcam records to a micro SD card. Many newer dashcams use Bluetooth to play recorded video to a smartphone.
The only hitch I can think of right now in this suggestion is regarding live viewing from the cam to your phone...not so sure about live, real-time viewing from the cam to the phone.

=OR=

There are smartphone apps to convert an unused smartphone into a webcam that can stream live video to another smartphone, I saw one on IPCT not long ago. I'll see if I caa find it and come back here to post a link. Or maybe someone else will read this and post it. Then we can both find out if the phone also records an/or if it uses Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to connect to the receiving phone (which could throw a wrench in the concept).