SriCam AP011 / IOGeek Only able to connect through cellphone app cannot change the IP

bbarenz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On October 15, 2015 I purchased (3) SriCam AP011 indoor IP 720P PTZ cameras from a chinese ebay seller. I already have one of these in my garage that is connected to my Blue Iris system so I thought adding 3 more would be a snap. I unboxed them and noticed the instruction card shows using a cellphone app instead of the familiar default IP option. I tried for about 5 hours total and was never able to get these connected to my Blue Iris system let alone access the built in web browser. The cameras gets an IP from the DHCP server but the only open ports are 554 and 5000 and neither allow connection to the built in web browser. The only way I was able to connect was through the Android cellphone app WITH an internet connection (will not work without internet). Even in this app there is no option to change the IP address or port. I also tired updating the firmware from within the app which worked but did not fix the problem.

I returned those cameras, contacted another seller who assured me they would work noting the ONVIF compliance and those came today, November 6th, and to my dismay the have the exact same problem. I also purchased a fixed outdoor IOGeek camera which also has the exact same problem. All of the cameras came in different boxes but all have the same instruction card, camera QR code and password. I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to make these work and I can't believe they will only work with the crummy cellphone app.

Here is a video detailing the problem and the diagnostics I have completed so far:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: SriCam AP011 / IOGeek Only able to connect through cellphone app cannot change th

@bbarenz Welcome to the forum. Since the camera is claimed to be onvif, try downloading onvif device manager...(now I sound like @alastairstevenson :) )

Also stay away from these junk camera brands, they will just cause you grief.

bbarenz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Re: SriCam AP011 / IOGeek Only able to connect through cellphone app cannot change th

@bbarenz Welcome to the forum. Since the camera is claimed to be onvif, try downloading onvif device manager...(now I sound like @alastairstevenson :) )

Also stay away from these junk camera brands, they will just cause you grief.
I appreciate the help. I have 9 of these running at my house now, a mix of fixed and PTZ. They have been running for 2 years and all work excellent which is why I am surprised by these problems with the new ones. I tried the ONVIF Device Manager and I am able to view the camera live feed and settings but anytime I try to modify a setting I get a "Method Not Implemented" error message. If the view settings are correct the HTTP,HTTPS and RTSP ports are locked which would explain my problems. I also tried the SriCam Device Viewer software which also lets you view the live feed but not modify the settings.

bbarenz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

As a follow up the ONVIF Devices manager can only pull a video stream but all other options to set the IP address, HTTP port, etc return a "<command> Not Implemented" error. Attempts to contact SriCam and the ebay sellers has been fruitless. I just get stupid comments like "Why not you use our software instead" or "prease see the attached manual". Unfortunately I think the latest firmware is design for use ONLY with their cheap Chinese software and cell phone application. This appears to be a constant across many brands which makes it difficult to determine what cameras will suffer from this issue. Are there any economical cameras that are know to work well with Blue Iris that anyone can recommend as an alternative? I would like an indoor megapixel PTZ and an outdoor megapixel fixed camera.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

ONVIF Device Manager will very usefully show you the RTSP string, at the bottom of the Live Video page, with that you should be able to configure the camera connection in BI as a generic RTSP stream.
If you can't set the desired IP address via the camera web GUI, and the ONVIF implementation is limited such that it does not allow network config commands, you could fix the IP address using a 'DHCP Reservation' in your router/DHCP server.

bbarenz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

thanks for the tip. I was able to pull in the video stream into Blue Iris with the RTSP string however the connection seems to reset every few seconds. I also cannot get the PTZ commands to work. I did get the PTZ to work in the native SriCam DeviceViewer software and used SmartSniff to try and sniff out the strings but I was unable to detect them. I am probably going to have to give in and return them and buy some different cameras. I really don't know what's a better option in the economy price range that I can trust will be easy to connect to Blue Iris.

Scootscoot

n3wb
Reaction score

thanks for the tip. I was able to pull in the video stream into Blue Iris with the RTSP string however the connection seems to reset every few seconds. I also cannot get the PTZ commands to work. I did get the PTZ to work in the native SriCam DeviceViewer software and used SmartSniff to try and sniff out the strings but I was unable to detect them. I am probably going to have to give in and return them and buy some different cameras. I really don't know what's a better option in the economy price range that I can trust will be easy to connect to Blue Iris.[I have had the same problems and have basically given up. Tried to return camera, Vender suggested sending another. Accepted the offer, but same problems. The quality build seems to be good if only someway to flash the software to something that works. Have found that Hosafe cams to work with blue iris. Approx $40.00
]

Scootscoot

n3wb
Reaction score

Had same problems. Found Hosafe to work with blue iris. Couple of iogeek cameras fo sale CHEAP!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

belgirt

n3wb
Reaction score

Had the same model from Sricam, sadly i could not view the video feed from the camera only the audio i could hear. I can only view the video from mobile app. Im now searching how to fix this. i dont need the mobile app, I need it to be recorded and viewed from my PC.
I'll try what you guys mentioned. customer support from sricam is crap. all you got is like a recorded message.