SriCam IP Cam Set Up

Stevewarr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi - totally new to the world of IP cameras, so I hope someone can help me pls?

Just bought and successfully set up a Sricam IP camera. Got it set up so that it notifies me on my phone when motion has been detected, and also sends me an e-mail with a picture of the trigger. My questions are:

When I remotely record or take a picture using my phone, I get files appear on the phone app. Where are these files actually stored as I can't see them in my photo/video folders on my phone? No clue how I'd download if I wanted to?

Secondly, the motion triggered recording is not working - I assume this is because I have not yet installed the micro SD card - is this the case? If so, once I have installed it, is all that information actually stored on the card itself? Surely any would-be burglar would just remove the SD card from the cam if that's the case?

Appreciate any comments/help.

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Thankfully you got here within your return period. Send the sricam back asap. It is bottom barrel garbage. Do some research here, get a proper camera and a proper recording device.

rotorwash

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't have experience with the Sricam app, but I do have experience with iphones and other apps that use local storage on the device. If it is an iphone, open itunes and have the phone connected to the computer. Click on your phone in itunes, then apps. At the bottom, you should see a list of apps that have the ability to store content. See if the info you are looking for is in there.