Sricam IP Camera

ALABAMA

n3wb
Reaction score
I bough one to play with. The only problem I have is that the software does not have the writing in the tab's. Maybe windows version thing. I tried windows 7 and vista. Also I can not find how to turn on the cams wireless fetcher.
I have it working through the ATT router. Works great wired up. Is there another software that will let you configure the cam? I reloaded it. Looked for a newer version with no luck.

ALABAMA

n3wb
Reaction score
Up date. The software that came with the cam is crap. I was able to get what I needed working but it was hard to do. I found an old netgear wireless router I had and got off the att router. I will not be able to get alerts but I got it all working. Cam is wireless and the laptop is wireless. I am using Ispy record software with it and it is working great so for. Next will be to test the Camera to the netgear router range.

ALABAMA

n3wb
Reaction score
Tested the range to the router and it was good. Over 60 feet. After that I did not test. 60 feet is all i need. The night vision is good and can see over 40 feet OK. You can see further than it can detect. detection is around 30 feet. Wish it had better video. For a cheap wireless web cam it does good. Now to see how good it holds up out side. Yes it is and out side cam.

ALABAMA

n3wb
Reaction score
AP series, Outside water proof. I think I will have to let it record all the time. I have tried to adjust the sensitivity with no luck. The sun and clouds in and out sets it off. Then there is the spiders and bugs. O yes the humming birds also they love the cams. When it does record it miss,s who walked by half the time. It works OK but I will be playing with it for awhile to get it right. I'm sure there are dos and don't to where it is placed and so on.

Reaction score
Yeah..............I just bought one too. The camera is great, the guy who wrote the directions could not speak much English!!! Maybe I should use the Chinese directions and head to google translate!!! I'm having the same problem, the tabs on the software have no writing on them, and I have not gotten the viewer/recorder to work at all, because I cant save the camera...........which I've found...............to it. I can view it online though. And can view it on the "locator" app. The camera does not zoom, pan, or see in the dark as of yet

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah..............I just bought one too. The camera is great, the guy who wrote the directions could not speak much English!!! Maybe I should use the Chinese directions and head to google translate!!! I'm having the same problem, the tabs on the software have no writing on them, and I have not gotten the viewer/recorder to work at all, because I cant save the camera...........which I've found...............to it. I can view it online though. And can view it on the "locator" app. The camera does not zoom, pan, or see in the dark as of yet
Welcome to the forum. Save yourself headache and money and return the camera if you still can. Sricam is bottom barrel stuff that will only cause grief.

smith288

n3wb
Reaction score
Just FYI to folks not seeing the writing, you need to run the program as administrator.... but when you do, it writes the text as simplified chinese. Not helpful.