Sricam SP009 and Port issue while connecting from the outside

WOnken

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I have a problem with my two Sricam SP009 IP cams, while connecting to them from the outside. It is understood that these cams are junk and that I even shouldn't be helped, considering that I have bought them voluntarily. So please let us cut that and not waste time by commenting on this but get to the point.

I would like to connect to the cams, using IP Cam Viewer Pro. As for configuration, I am using Generic URL > Generic RTSP over UDP and then rtsp://myadress:554/onvif1

This works great for the first cam. As Port 554 is blocked by this first cam, I am using Port 555 for the second cam, forwarding it in my router to > IPofsecondCam:554

So in theorie this should would. And it does work with VLC. But it doesn't work with IP Cam Viewer Pro or any other IP Cam viewer app, neither on my mobile, nor on my phone.

I have tried to use different ports, rather than 555, all forwarding it to > IPofsecondCam:554

Does anyone have an idea.

Of course it also works from the outside with the Sricam app on both cams, but that app is also only junk.

IP Cam Viewer ProIP Cam Viewer Pro

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You are correct the camera is complete garbage.
You should ensure two things if you are forwarding this camera.
1) that you dont mind if the images are available to others on the internet
2) you dont mind someone on the internet accessing your network
If that is the case, I believe the sricam uses port 5000 for onvif...use fing to see what ports its broadcasting.