SRICam SP015

Reaction score
Hello there.

I have been trying again to view my Sricam SP015 on my laptop, without success. I am so annoyed with this thing that I thought that if I could prevent even a couple of people NOT to buy this thing, I would feel better.

I bought this lump of junk about 4/5 months ago, after my trusty old Foscam F18904W went poorly. I had the Foscam for maybe 5 years, but it may be more. It worked great with I-Spy and I could port forward it and view it anywhere in the world.

I looked for a dome camera, but at the time thought the Foscam was a bit expensive, just over £200. I was a bit hasty with my research of the Sricam and bought it.

Well!!!!! What a mistake. From the word go, I couldn’t get it to work as an IP camera. It is NOT IP compatible it is only P2P, which I have been unable to get to work with I-Spy. The Device viewer software from Sricam is junk. I have managed to view the camera maybe two or three times. They have cobbled an installation book together, but I set it up exactly to the instructions and it doesn’t work, then it does, the picture comes on and then it won’t. I have now given up on the Device viewer. I have been able to get the phone Android app to work, but it is poor. Port addresses have Chinese characters in among them and it is difficult to set up. I have managed to get the alarm messaging to work, but if something is moving at more than a few miles per hour, it misses it and you don’t get to see what set it off.

I am going to look at another Foscam. Maybe not a dome camera, the rain left marks on the Sricam (it is mounted under my soffit and I can’t shade it anymore) and I don’t want to have to keep getting up a ladder to clean it, I had very little trouble with the Foscam F18904W, except for a few spiders webs.

No more Sricams for me.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What if you didn't see this forum before and didn't purchase a Dahua or Hikvision cams :( That is my case, wish I did a bit more research! I went with reolink and now I might be regretting it.

sabaikid

n3wb
Reaction score
2023 i was able to get my Sricam SP015 working on i-spyconnect.com and AgentDVR for local recording wirelessly.

you need to choose the "RTSP Alternate" option as source type Awesome Screenshot and use RTSP protocol feed for fetching video stream rtsp:/192.168.29.72:554/onvif1