sricam

danny4062

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I have just purchased a sricam and want it to work via wifi at home, i have a virgin media superhub 2 but can only get it to work via ethernet. I anyone can please help me I would be so grateful. I have read lots of posts here but still cannot get it to work. thank you in advance dan

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi I have just purchased a sricam and want it to work via wifi at home, i have a virgin media superhub 2 but can only get it to work via ethernet. I anyone can please help me I would be so grateful. I have read lots of posts here but still cannot get it to work. thank you in advance dan
Welcome to the forum. First and foremost, if you can return the sricam, do it...it will save you lots of time and hassle...its bottom of the barrel junk.
You need to properly setup the wifi, without knowing what steps you taken there is no way to help you.

danny4062

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi thank you for responding. I have followed the instructions in the manual setting up p2p and ihave the app on my android phone but when i unplug it it cant be found via wifi. I have a virgin media superhub so not sure if that causes a problem with setup. I can see it on my laptop again only when on the ethernet. Any help i would really appreciate

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi thank you for responding. I have followed the instructions in the manual setting up p2p and ihave the app on my android phone but when i unplug it it cant be found via wifi. I have a virgin media superhub so not sure if that causes a problem with setup. I can see it on my laptop again only when on the ethernet. Any help i would really appreciate
p2p has nothing to do with wifi...you need to go to the wifi settings and give your camera your wifi info...otherwise it wont connect to your wifi network...when the camera switches to wifi it will likely get a new ip address...you will need to find this, either with the software included with the camera or using something like advanced ip scanner.

danny4062

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you, I checked the p2p finder software which locates the camera and then comes up with the info it then asks me to open the camera using chrome, I can do this and then look for the camera details, once there it asks me to select the wifi I want to use, I choose one that is fine and reliable, it then asks me to click submit which then starts a reboot stage. This is when it says to unplug the ethernet, this is when the camera disappears.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you, I checked the p2p finder software which locates the camera and then comes up with the info it then asks me to open the camera using chrome, I can do this and then look for the camera details, once there it asks me to select the wifi I want to use, I choose one that is fine and reliable, it then asks me to click submit which then starts a reboot stage. This is when it says to unplug the ethernet, this is when the camera disappears.
do you enter the wifi password? are you sure its the correct password? did you try rebooting the camera and searching for it again?

danny4062

n3wb
Reaction score
hi yes done those, im sure of the password and its all lower case so that should be fine, not sure if its more to do with the superhub, ive seen somewhere to open the dmz and port forward, would this cause it any issues?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hi yes done those, im sure of the password and its all lower case so that should be fine, not sure if its more to do with the superhub, ive seen somewhere to open the dmz and port forward, would this cause it any issues?
that is only for remote viewing... (never put a camera in dmz)...there is an issue with the wifi connection....have you checked your router to see if the device is connecting?

danny4062

n3wb
Reaction score
I can find it as its connected to the superhub via ethernet but as soon as i unplug it it stops working. Its almost like it forgets the wifi details or theres something stopping the superhub allowing it to connect.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can find it as its connected to the superhub via ethernet but as soon as i unplug it it stops working. Its almost like it forgets the wifi details or theres something stopping the superhub allowing it to connect.
How do you know its not connecting? It WILL be given a new ip address..so you need to search for it..have you looked at the list of devices connected the router? Have you rebooted the camera to allow it to make a new wifi connection?

danny4062

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes ive checked all the devices connected to the wifi and the camera isnt there. I can account for all the devices but its not in the list.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes ive checked all the devices connected to the wifi and the camera isnt there. I can account for all the devices but its not in the list.
If there is no error on your part, it looks like the scricam is living up to its reputation...dont waste time on it. If you want to do a teamviewer session, i can login and look at your settings.

danny4062

n3wb
Reaction score
Finally managed to get it working by giving it a different ip address manually. Now struggling with being able to see the camera from outside my home network. Works fine on my phone via home network wifi but now need to sort access from 3g/4g. Are you able to help me with this please.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally managed to get it working by giving it a different ip address manually. Now struggling with being able to see the camera from outside my home network. Works fine on my phone via home network wifi but now need to sort access from 3g/4g. Are you able to help me with this please.
You need to setup port forwarding on your router...you need to forward the ports required by your camera...it varies by model, look at the camera network settings, there should be a media port and or rtsp port.

danny4062

n3wb
Reaction score
It says port 80 on the camera. Ive gone into port forwarding and set the port and ip address for the camera.

- - - Updated - - -

Not quite there yet it seems.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It says port 80 on the camera. Ive gone into port forwarding and set the port and ip address for the camera.

- - - Updated - - -

Not quite there yet it seems.
Most cameras require more than port 80...also many isp's block port 80 so you need to change the port...if you want to do a teamviewer session i can set it up for you.