sricam

danny4062

n3wb
Reaction score
thank you again,youre a great help.

danny4062

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry. Off to bed now as 01.20 in the uk but cam was working but was still on ethernet not wifi

danny4062

n3wb
Reaction score
You can uplug it now and restart it..it should connect to wifi on its own...
Hi again. Sorry to be a pain but still not working. Will only find port on that site you showe me as open when the ethernets connected. As soon as i unplug it it stops and i cant find my camera at all.

ths54

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I have just purchased a sricam and want it to work via wifi at home, i have a virgin media superhub 2 but can only get it to work via ethernet. I anyone can please help me I would be so grateful. I have read lots of posts here but still cannot get it to work. thank you in advance dan
Had the same problem with the AP004, messed with it for a week and never got it working, downloaded some PDF's from the manufacturer and it says "won't work with Windows Vista" so I sent it back. Just about drove me nuts.

Reaction score
Hello ths54, I have an AP006 and one other of identical product with different brand, initially felt like smashing them to thousands of pieces till I learnt that firstly... the accompanying software (DeviceViewer.exe) was of the earliest version, I'm using Win7 & this nightmare happened in late 2014 when I purchased them.
Anyway... to properly set it up as Wired or Wireless, it must first be set up as Wired by connecting it to a router port, at this stage the router will randomly assign an IP address , find out what it is by either looking into it through your router or in my case I use P2P Finder (free software), once done... fire up your browser (I use Chrome) and type in 192.168.1.Cam'sIPaddress:81 , you will come up with options on How you wish to view your cam, then Choose the option that says ....Firefox (NOT IE as it involves the use of ActiveX which in my ca NEVER works !)
Once you see the cam output, click the Setting (a 2-wrench symbol), you will find lots of info pertaining to the camera you're viewing, among others... are the 2(TWO) MAC addresses, one for Wired & one for Wifi... jot down the one for Wifi !, another info is related to your SSID that the camera is supposed to be connected to ! (If SSID isn't available then lick on Search Network)
Log back in to your router... in my case my IPcam's IP Address is hardwired through its Wifi's MAC Address, Save the setting and that's it really !

Despite of my cursing and swearing.... once I saw the output of AP006.. it's the best looking security camera ever I've ever had, but is understandable why many users are so irate in the beginning, that is because its user manual is as good as useless as it is written in poor English.
Hope this will help & if I missed something please let me know.

As a footnote, I also managed to integrate other cheap IP Cameras (Robot type) into DeviceViewer together with Sricam, no problem so far.
Have a nice day.

ths54

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello ths54, I have an AP006 and one other of identical product with different brand, initially felt like smashing them to thousands of pieces till I learnt that firstly... the accompanying software (DeviceViewer.exe) was of the earliest version, I'm using Win7 & this nightmare happened in late 2014 when I purchased them.
Anyway... to properly set it up as Wired or Wireless, it must first be set up as Wired by connecting it to a router port, at this stage the router will randomly assign an IP address , find out what it is by either looking into it through your router or in my case I use P2P Finder (free software), once done... fire up your browser (I use Chrome) and type in 192.168.1.Cam'sIPaddress:81 , you will come up with options on How you wish to view your cam, then Choose the option that says ....Firefox (NOT IE as it involves the use of ActiveX which in my ca NEVER works !)
Once you see the cam output, click the Setting (a 2-wrench symbol), you will find lots of info pertaining to the camera you're viewing, among others... are the 2(TWO) MAC addresses, one for Wired & one for Wifi... jot down the one for Wifi !, another info is related to your SSID that the camera is supposed to be connected to ! (If SSID isn't available then lick on Search Network)
Log back in to your router... in my case my IPcam's IP Address is hardwired through its Wifi's MAC Address, Save the setting and that's it really !

Despite of my cursing and swearing.... once I saw the output of AP006.. it's the best looking security camera ever I've ever had, but is understandable why many users are so irate in the beginning, that is because its user manual is as good as useless as it is written in poor English.
Hope this will help & if I missed something please let me know.

As a footnote, I also managed to integrate other cheap IP Cameras (Robot type) into DeviceViewer together with Sricam, no problem so far.
Have a nice day.
Thanks DigitalWorld, too late, the camera has been sent back to the seller and I received my refund, but thank you for all the information, another problem I had was every time I tried to install "DeviceViewer" it would crash my modem (Motorola NVG589) and disconnect all my computers and TV and I would have to go downstairs and reboot my router to get connected again.

I also have three TopCams indoors and used to see all three, now I can only find one with "IP Camera Viewer 3" probably screwed my setting up trying to set up the SRI, all three have their own IP address but only one shows up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hello ths54,
I'm familiar with "IP Camera Viewer 3" I use it as an alternative to DeviceViewer (just upgraded to latest version of DeviceViewer from sricctv.com, which was a pain on the butt to get on), in your case of those disappearing cameras which happened to me many times, the solution is to connect ethernet cable, use Chrome, type in its IP address with 81 (usually) being port# then use Firefox push mode, click settings... check wifi is connection method, also its SSID, if P2P is checked then uncheck it, finally check the video stream which I'm sure it should be jpeg instead of H26 (HD) !
I'm at home at the time of this writing, all cameras are at work, so sorry if my explanation is a little bit off the mark but rest assured it puts you on the right track to solving those 2 missing cameras on your IPCAM3, let me know how you go.
Have a nice day.

ths54

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello ths54,
I'm familiar with "IP Camera Viewer 3" I use it as an alternative to DeviceViewer (just upgraded to latest version of DeviceViewer from sricctv.com, which was a pain on the butt to get on), in your case of those disappearing cameras which happened to me many times, the solution is to connect ethernet cable, use Chrome, type in its IP address with 81 (usually) being port# then use Firefox push mode, click settings... check wifi is connection method, also its SSID, if P2P is checked then uncheck it, finally check the video stream which I'm sure it should be jpeg instead of H26 (HD) !
I'm at home at the time of this writing, all cameras are at work, so sorry if my explanation is a little bit off the mark but rest assured it puts you on the right track to solving those 2 missing cameras on your IPCAM3, let me know how you go.
Have a nice day.
Thank you DigitalWorld, the three cameras don't have Cat-5 plugs, they only have a power supply and a reset button.

Reaction score
Hi Ths54, never faced with this type before, you able to view it through Chrome? know what their IP Addresses are ?. If you have "P2P ID Finder" installed then might probably help. I did visit TopCams.cn (NOT TopCams.com ha ha ha ...) but hard to tell which model you have there. I'm just being curious about how to get to the cam's settings, I assume you'd reset those 2 cameras, right?

ths54

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Ths54, never faced with this type before, you able to view it through Chrome? know what their IP Addresses are ?. If you have "P2P ID Finder" installed then might probably help. I did visit TopCams.cn (NOT TopCams.com ha ha ha ...) but hard to tell which model you have there. I'm just being curious about how to get to the cam's settings, I assume you'd reset those 2 cameras, right?
Yes I reset them each time I tried to pair them, one of them is still working but I'm old and my memory is going to hell, so I can't remember how I got them setup the first time. I should have kept notes, I have tried every camera finder program out there and they don't show up.

Baum

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I am also having problem with Sricam SP011. I have reset the cam and now the default password is not working.

Reaction score
Hi I am also having problem with Sricam SP011. I have reset the cam and now the default password is not working.
Hi, mine is not of the same model, but default password should be back in place after reset which normally is <blank> ?
See if you could try the following; Connect the cam & ethernet port using cable, then use chrome browser by typing in IPaddress:80? (mine here has port# 81), you could easily find out what IPaddress the cam is connected to by logging into your modem router, it should work.
Good luck

seejay

n3wb
Reaction score
Found this forum via Google. I found some comments helpful. But after two days of trying, i finally got wireless working on my two SRI cameras. i hope this helps all the members in the same fix. The P2P Finder software has a button that needs activation after the camera is found. "Apply" is the offender. Select it after finding your camera and this corrected my issues on both cameras. I hope this helps.