Starting Blue Iris when the computer boots

dgaffney

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm a newbie and have several questions about setting the system up. I'd like to have BI start automatically and run in the toolbar when minimized. I've gotten it to run in the toolbar but on startup I get the Windows message asking if I want the program to change settings so it doesn't start without an input from me.

After solving that problem, I'd like the files synced in real time to a cloud drive, maybe IDRIVE so I can keep track of what is happening when I'm away for several weeks. This would also solve the problem of a break in and having the computer stolen. Any help with the settings will be appreciated.

Reaction score
I'm still a newbie too, but I think I can help you...sounds like you are getting a UAC prompt for it. In BI Settings, click the Startup tab, and then check the box for "Run as a Windows service". I also have unchecked "Require run-as Administrator for console or when standalone", but that is only working on 1 of my 2 systems. Meaning, one system I have that box unchecked and it still prompts me every time I launch the console.

dgaffney

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I tried your suggestion but it now asks for a password and that also requires an input from me. This will be a problem if the computer reboots and I'm not here to input the password.

Reaction score
It sounds like you aren't logged in with an administrator account. Do you have admin rights to the system? Another alternative would be to disable UAC altogether. When you configure the Windows service setting, it runs in the background, without having to launch the Blue Iris console. To see for yourself, reboot your computer, let it sit at the login screen, and then using another device, browse to your remove view page.