State Park observation tower IP Camera with Touch Screen Kiosk

paperdoor

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello , New to the Forum, new to IP camera systems.

I am working with a state park to implement an observation camera with a touch screen Kiosk.

Looking for (2) PTZ outdoor camera, 1080p or best video quality possible that we can -
-Live stream over our website
-Have 2 Touch Screen Kiosks - perhaps 19" touch screen monitors that can pan and tilt with finger swipe, zoom with pinch
-POE as there is no power in the tower

Is this possible and what recommendations do you all have?
no need to record
Thanks
Paperdoor

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello , New to the Forum, new to IP camera systems.

I am working with a state park to implement an observation camera with a touch screen Kiosk.

Looking for (2) PTZ outdoor camera, 1080p or best video quality possible that we can -
-Live stream over our website
-Have 2 Touch Screen Kiosks - perhaps 19" touch screen monitors that can pan and tilt with finger swipe, zoom with pinch
-POE as there is no power in the tower

Is this possible and what recommendations do you all have?
no need to record
Thanks
Paperdoor
I'd rethink the touch screen. Constant cleaning.
Go for bigger screens you don't touch and something else to control it.

There are some very physically robust input devices used in places like museum displays. Can't seem to find them at the moment / remember the name of one of the companies. It will probably come to me eventually.
You may want to allow web based control if there isn't a local user (possibly only via fixed presets or defined tours)

Some PTZ need more power than PoE can deliver, but you can run a second wire for power if needed. Distance is important ethernet has distance limitations. Tower = lightning and some special considerations may be required.

Last edited by a moderator:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd rethink the touch screen. Constant cleaning.
Go for bigger screens you don't touch and something else to control it...
Something else, such as a clever and spectacular PTZ programed auto-patrol sequence...