stealth hallway POE IP camera

fixxxer0

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Couldn't find any current info on this, and most of the mfg. websites seem to be tough to navigate for these specialty items.... only ones i seem to have found are the Axis P1265 and P1245.

But I'm looking to install a POE IP Camera in my front door/hallway area where my packages and mail are left. The area is always lighted and only about 15' x 6' wide. Ideally I would have a lens just mounted somehow flush into the plaster wall (old building). Going to have a tough time installing/running wires in this old house but I think ill figure it out, i have access to the basement/ceiling below the hallway wall.

I already have a Blue Iris PC running with a few Dahua cameras, but I'm not loyal to any one brand... just looking to get the best camera for the job within reason (can spend up to maybe $300?).

any recommendations?

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi @fixxxer0

"Ideally I would have a lens just mounted somehow flush into the plaster wall (old building) "

Like this?

1574113089691.png

fixxxer0

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @fixxxer0

"Ideally I would have a lens just mounted somehow flush into the plaster wall (old building) "

Like this?

View attachment 50876

lol kind of... but a little less gloryhole-ish

i realized i've been googling the wrong term. should just go with pinhole camera.

im finding ones that need a box and wire to the lens, and some 1.25"x cubes that seem to contain everything. just wondering if anyone has experience with one being better than the other.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
lol kind of... but a little less gloryhole-ish

i realized i've been googling the wrong term. should just go with pinhole camera.

im finding ones that need a box and wire to the lens, and some 1.25"x cubes that seem to contain everything. just wondering if anyone has experience with one being better than the other.
Hi fixxxer0

There's been some discussions on those.. executive summary: pricey, and performance is not as good as larger cameras.

I like the Dahua OEM 2MP starlight mini-dome wedge by the front door... or the dual lens version.