Storhamar Football club

toonwolf

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Finally finished this little project of mine. I have three sons (9,11 and 17) all playing football/soccer. I appreciate what the local club is doing for the community, so I've been helping them out with various IT projects on my spare time. They are selling food and clothes in the club house, and I also installed outdoor Digital Signage so they wanted a surveillance system. There are currently 8 cameras hooked up: 2 x Foscam FI9805W, 1 Zavio D7111 Vandal Proof Dome, 3 x Foscam FI8907W and 2 x USB webcams. At the moment everything is running on low-end computer and bandwith is limited, but I'm working on getting sponsors so that it can be improved. Three cameras are public on http://kamera.storhamarfotball.no (video is slow as uplink is only 1 Mbps at the moment, hoping to get 100/100 Mbps fiber installed sometime in June)

This is "Bane 3" cam FI9805W mounted on the wall beside the Nanobridge M5 (I also did that) pointing towards the pitches. Connected using WLAN. BI Tools developed by @Mike are used to display overlay from the local weather station.
IMG_20140516_081024.jpgbane3cam.jpg

This is "Molok" cam FI9805W mounted on the wall pointed at the Club house. WLAN signal is weak so it's connected via LAN
IMG_20140516_081103.jpgmolok3cam.jpg

This is the "Info TV Sekretariatet" cam Zavio D7111 mounted above the outdoor Digital Signage (www.risevision.com). Videostream from three cameras are displayed live on the presentation. Connected via LAN
IMG_20140516_080801.jpginfotv.20140516_082838.jpg

This is the "Utstyr" cam FI8907W mounted above the door to the room with the computer running BI. When movement is detected at night View attachment storhamarfotball_alert.zip will play on a bluetooth speaker hidden in the ceiling. Connected via WLAN
IMG_20140516_080841.jpgutstyr.20140516_082858.jpg

This is the webcam placed inside the locked computer box where the PC running BI is placed. When movement is detected at night View attachment thisalarmsoundwillscareawayanyone.zip will play on a bluetooth speaker hidden in the ceiling.
IMG_20140516_080921.jpgdommerrompc.20140516_082909.jpg

There are some other cameras in the Club house, but I have not had the time to take pictures of those yet.
It's been fun!

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, the most important thing is that it is recording on site and doing surveillance service which hopefully can be a bit of deterrent.

What is the CPU/RAM take on running 6 megapixel cameras, if I may be so curious, as I'm debating back and forth about either repurposing an older machine (will use a lot of electricity), buying a new one with core i5/i7 or a new synology disk station. Everything has pros/cons.

toonwolf

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Well, the most important thing is that it is recording on site and doing surveillance service which hopefully can be a bit of deterrent.

What is the CPU/RAM take on running 6 megapixel cameras, if I may be so curious, as I'm debating back and forth about either repurposing an older machine (will use a lot of electricity), buying a new one with core i5/i7 or a new synology disk station. Everything has pros/cons.
You may be curious :nuts: @icerabbit! I'd go for a new PC if you can afford it. The reason I'm running BI on an old computer is just because that was what was available at the time. I'm working on getting sponsors to donate new hardware. As for the CPU/RAM performance on this old pc it's not so bad when it's idle/not recording, but when motion is triggered and it's recording I often see CPU spike over 90%, but that's to expect on an low-end PC like this. BI is using 350MB of memory when idle. Seems like running it as a service is also better.

Last edited by a moderator:

No5

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
toonwolf, what type (manufacturer/model) is your computer rack mount unit?