Storing camera footage to the cloud. Google Drive

Paulieboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me how I can directly send my camera feeds to Google drive for storage. I recently purchased 2 Terabytes of storage space for this purpose. Storing everything on my computer is kinda useless if someone takes the compute.

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi

I use a primitive way, although I sync to another cloud on my VPN, it should work the same for you similar to a NAS storage.

I sync my cloud storage to the folder where my camera files are stored and set the sync time for every 15mins.

Hope this helps.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me how I can directly send my camera feeds to Google drive for storage. I recently purchased 2 Terabytes of storage space for this purpose. Storing everything on my computer is kinda useless if someone takes the compute.
Desktop pc's are not stolen during burglaries. If you want to play the what if game, what if your internet lines are cut (this is much more common as many alarm systems and cloud camera systems rely on an internet or phone connection) you will have nothing in the cloud. A smarter alternative is to record to a redundant local nas/nvr/camera sd card.
You should have an alarm system.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1) record to the desk top pc
2) record to a NAS in a closet or other secure place
3) record to the SD card in the camera.

As more internet providers are charging for usage, you are wasting internet bandwidth.

cbell1611

n3wb
Reaction score
You can use a program called we drive. Web drive allows you to connect your computer to Google, but make it appear like a physical drive with a drive letter and everything. Once created you can add to Blue Iris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk