Storing clip/vids on separate HD?

dragoneggs

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2Tb WD purple drive as I understand they are more suited for the demands of video recording. I plan to install it in my PC and direct the recordings to this drive instead of on the existing drive that the OS and BI are installed on. My PC is pretty much dedicated to BI but wondering on best set up for durability and wear of the hard drives.

When looking at configuring the recording/storage location, I saw a note that said that the BI and 'New' recordings should be on the main/Fast drive. I was going to direct all recordings to the new 'D' drive. Any reason not to do this? Thoughts on format/set up? Thanks in advance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2Tb WD purple drive as I understand they are more suited for the demands of video recording. I plan to install it in my PC and direct the recordings to this drive instead of on the existing drive that the OS and BI are installed on. My PC is pretty much dedicated to BI but wondering on best set up for durability and wear of the hard drives.

When looking at configuring the recording/storage location, I saw a note that said that the BI and 'New' recordings should be on the main/Fast drive. I was going to direct all recordings to the new 'D' drive. Any reason not to do this? Thoughts on format/set up? Thanks in advance.
The instruction is to put the operating system Blue Iris and the blue iris database on the fastest drive you can store all the video directly on the purple