Strange 2CD2335-I Lens Issue Maybe?

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys....

Not sure do I have a defective camera, maybe something set in Blue Iris or a camera setting itself but I'm not getting the zoom from a 6mm 2CD2335-I that I perhaps expected I would have.

Take a look at the below two screenshots, taken about 4 hours apart. The night shot seems way more zoomed in than the earlier shot during the day. It's a full screenshot as all the times/dates are showing. The wall facing the camera is about 16ft away from the camera.

IMG_1892.jpg

IMG_1893.jpg

Also note the picture in the photos above look "widescreen" and stretched whereas now the picture from the camera (below) is more 4:3 and not stretched.

IMG_1901.jpg

All images taken from the iPhone app. I also have a second 6mm 2CD2335-I and the zoom looks the same as the daytime screenshots.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@essjay you likely simply zoomed in with the mouse scroll wheel..simply zoom out..

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@essjayyou likely simply zoomed in with the mouse scroll wheel..simply zoom out..
Possibly.... But like I said all images taken with the iPhone app and when I zoom in on that the time/date does not stay in the same place. Both the daylight and night images above the time/dates are all there.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Possibly.... But like I said all images taken with the iPhone app and when I zoom in on that the time/date does not stay in the same place. Both the daylight and night images above the time/dates are all there.
Then you are zooming in with your iphone app..You will get the 4:3 image ration when in 3mp mode...in 1080 it will be 16:9...you were likely messing with the resolution..

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Very easily doing both. Makes sense, thanks......

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Very easily doing both. Makes sense, thanks......
Also note that in 1080p mode you will get a slightly wider horizontal field of view (with hikvision cameras)...if you dont need the extra vertical fov, leave it in 1080p mode.