Strange dude

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Last night I just happened to check into my system and I see a person walking down the street. Why not take the opportunity to see what he's up to, I figure. He was actually up to way more than I figured, although exactly what remains a mystery. But in the times we live in, a guy with a backpack doing something like this at a utility box across the street is cause for some alarm- at least I thought. I figured it could be gang painting- they spray all over the place at times and this box is already marked. At most, I seriously thought it could be a bomb of some sort. I don't put anything past the local morons. They've already beat the hell out of this box and my honey is home alone, so I was concerned. But more likely, now I figure a drug drop spot. Anyway, I put in a call and the cop comes and does what amounts to, um...a quick look see. They did patrol a bit more that night. Who knows. Better safe than sorry. That's what we put this stuff up for right! I snipped this up a bit to shorten the time.

Last edited:

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That looks like from a movie. What camera are you using? I've been playing with a PTZ myself, sure is fun to have.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
That's an analog ensun camera- hong kong ebay a couple years ago. I like the camera for sure. It's tough at night though. When something is really going down like that it gets tricky to stay on top of, especially since I was doing it remotely with the mouse in PSS. You're never really sure of where they're gonna go and you're trying to get the best shots for possible ID and give the camera the best chance at staying focused because it's night, the IR strength, etc. I should practice more! LOL! But if the cops asked, I think there's good shots in this footage to give them.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice capture. That dude was up to no good.....very strange...

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did you figure out what he did? Curious

bombo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nice, It doesnt look like he is doing anything to the box but maybe puts something in his bag.
Either way its great to see what we miss at night :)

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice capture and good moving calling the fuzz, I would have done the same thing. That guy was definitely up to something shady. Maybe he was a junky.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I think so too - crack head, dealer, both. But nothing came of it, so who knows.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
This is why I want a PTZ, eventually, so I can log in and try to get super close up shots of the face when something goes down, before I jump in the car and head home to bust a cap in their ass.