Strange focus issue triggering motion

KillerMSG

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm getting this weird issue that's triggering motion. It seems like it's auto-focus or something when a cloud passes by. I don't know if this is a setting I can adjust somewhere in the camera or in Blue Iris, I've tried digging in the camera settings an haven't figured it out yet. It's a Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE camera.

Anyone have any idea how I might go about troubleshooting this? You can see in the video between the shadow of the roof and the fence is what I'm talking about. And yes the cables are hanging down and it's ugly, just hung this camera last night and haven't gotten around to tacking up the cable yet.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you running WDR? kinda looks like WDR reacting to light conditions ...
But may just be the camera MD reacting to the changing pixels, that's how regular MD works.

I have a couple of locations where the same occurs. Ive tweeked MD sensitivity to just the essential spot and live with some false alerts. If you can that looks like a great location for using IVS/Line Crossing

KillerMSG

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi bigredfish thanks for your reply. I'm very new to this and trying to understand what you said. I searched about WDR and I think that makes sense but I'm not sure what setting in my camera might correspond to WDR. I searched for "MD" but couldn't figure out what that means. The IVS is something I'll have to look further into. It seems maybe my post is more geared toward camera troubleshooting and not Blue Iris troubleshooting at this point, but I am wondering if you might be able to see the setting in my camera that might correspond to WDR. Here's all the settings I've found that pertain to video.