Strange Router Problems

mbeavers1

n3wb
Reaction score
I appear to have burned up two Linksys AC1900 routers in the last 18 hours after connecting my camera system. Both times the Internet has gone down, I lose control of my home automation system, and I no longer log into my router using IP. I can still see the connection lights and traffic on each Cat5 cable.

Here is my set up:

1. Linksys AC1900 router - the computer running BI, a Netgear Prosafe 16 ch switch (8 poe), and a cable that runs into my structured wiring box to provide Internet to the rest of the house are plugged in.

2. Netgear Prosafe JGS516PE - there are 3ea Hikvision DS-2CD2T42WD-I5 camera and 1ea DS2CD2142FWD-IS cameras plugged into the PoE ports.

Everything was running fine, all cameras were running in BI. Now nothing....

What could be zapping routers? Help please!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I appear to have burned up two Linksys AC1900 routers in the last 18 hours after connecting my camera system. Both times the Internet has gone down, I lose control of my home automation system, and I no longer log into my router using IP. I can still see the connection lights and traffic on each Cat5 cable.

Here is my set up:

1. Linksys AC1900 router - the computer running BI, a Netgear Prosafe 16 ch switch (8 poe), and a cable that runs into my structured wiring box to provide Internet to the rest of the house are plugged in.

2. Netgear Prosafe JGS516PE - there are 3ea Hikvision DS-2CD2T42WD-I5 camera and 1ea DS2CD2142FWD-IS cameras plugged into the PoE ports.

Everything was running fine, all cameras were running in BI. Now nothing....

What could be zapping routers? Help please!

Try connecting the BI PC into the switch instead of the router directly?

mbeavers1

n3wb
Reaction score
Still doesn't explain what torches the router unless the traffic between the camera and the computer is SOOO high the router can't handle it. But that doesn't really make sense, does it?