Stream Live to TV?

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How can I setup a few of my TV's to show Blue Iris? What would I need?

Thank you !

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you run ethernet to your tv? Then you can use hdmi over ethernet and mirror the blue iris display...other options are using android devices like amazon fire, fire stick or andriod mini pc...

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have ethernet at all of my TV's. I just found networkcameracritic's review of the mini pc from 2012. I have amazon fireTV. What would be the slickest, no hassle way to put BI on three TV's?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I personally would not want to deal with independent apps on each TV that may or may not be in the state you want them to be in. I would use an HDMI splitter and long HDMI cables to mirror the PC's display to all the TVs. This would yield the best quality and the best frame rates with the least ongoing maintenance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I personally would not want to deal with independent apps on each TV that may or may not be in the state you want them to be in. I would use an HDMI splitter and long HDMI cables to mirror the PC's display to all the TVs. This would yield the best quality and the best frame rates with the least ongoing maintenance.
I totally agree, however, you give up control such as selecting a particular camera, if that is something that is needed. I have done the hdmi splitter and it works flawlessly...

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's kind of a toss up. Two of the three TV's have interior wall drops. I don't want to drop another cable on the exterior. I like the mirror/quality/frame rates of doing the drops. I do like the mini pc flexibility of doing more that just security duty in the future. Costs are very similar once the cables and wall plates are tallied. What is the best or modern android mini pc? I am researching and having a bit of a learning curve on them. Thanks a bundle for your quick help!!!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The android mini tv's with ethernet cost about the same (after you get a remote) as the amazon fire tv...which is selling for 79 right now...may as well get a quality device.

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a chromecast plugged into my tv and share my pc's screen to it. Cost me £18.. Simples

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This would be sweet if it worked with a box nvr.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Best thing for a box NVR is likely an android stick with the NVR manufacturer's app (if available), or HDMI splitter + HDMI cables.