Stream URL?

Herry

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I am for a short time a proud owner of a low-budget KKmoon IP-camera TP-C517BT. I want to use the camera to see whether all the ducks are in the stable.

Information: I already use two Wansview NCB543W and NCM621W cameras for monitoring of our farm.
A Raspberry Pi B+ stores the data on an external hard drive. For this, I use the Software "Motion"

To include my cameras in Motion, I use a URL like:
http://[IP]:[port]/videostream.cgi?
for the Wansview NCB543W.

Now I would like to integrate the new KKmoon camera in motion. Unfortunately, I find no suitable stream URL, which I could use in motion or VLC.

Is there any way to find out the stream URL? In the manual unfortunately is not specified to find.
I have already tried several URLs... Without success. Maybe someone has a tip for me.

Thank you and please excuse my bad english. :rolleyes:

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score

Herry

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks a lot!

The links of ISpy unfortunately does not work for me.

Onvifdm could also not find any matching URL. The camera is recognized, however, I can`t get any information.

I'm also on the interface of the camera. With the Internet Explorer and a special plug-in, I can watch the stream. The source code is built in Javascript. But my skills are too low to find somthing useful. :sad2:

By trial and error, I was able to find the following URL:
rtsp://[user]:[PW]@[ip]:[RTSP-port]/live/mpeg4
Maybe this helps someone in the future

Many thanks for your support! Seeking now still a way to control the PTZ function of my Raspberry Pi. :cool:

Greetings from me and my ducks!

alexcal

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Herry,

I also have this camera and wish to use with Blueiris - have you managed to get it Working?

I am no expert but noticed your url above. could you tell me if this can be used to connect the camera with Blueiris? and if so could you tell me how t utilise url

thanks in advance.

Herry

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi alexcal,

I dont use Blueiris with my IP cameras. With the URL that I posted above, you can watch the videostream in the VLC-player or use it to feed motion on the Raspberry Pi, as I do. I really dont know how to connect the camera with Blueiris, sorry!

Good luck and success! If you find a solution, I would be glad, if you inform us.

P.S. I am still looking for a solution, how to control the PTZ-function from my Raspberry Pi. :) I am fine with bash scripting but I need the right statement...

alexcal

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi alexcal,

I dont use Blueiris with my IP cameras. With the URL that I posted above, you can watch the videostream in the VLC-player or use it to feed motion on the Raspberry Pi, as I do. I really dont know how to connect the camera with Blueiris, sorry!

Good luck and success! If you find a solution, I would be glad, if you inform us.

P.S. I am still looking for a solution, how to control the PTZ-function from my Raspberry Pi. :) I am fine with bash scripting but I need the right statement...
thanks for your quick reply, i see what you mean, i had same results as you with ispy software (could get picture stream but no ptz control). the only way i can get ptz to work is with device software that came with camera.

have you got the rpi set up as a hand held device?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
thanks for your quick reply, i see what you mean, i had same results as you with ispy software (could get picture stream but no ptz control). the only way i can get ptz to work is with device software that came with camera.

have you got the rpi set up as a hand held device?
These cameras are generally clones of each other...use something like ipcamviewer (android/ios) that has a scanner that will list compatible models...then see if that model is available in the blue iris dropdown in the ptz tab. You should also try the foscam/wanscam/astak options.
If non of that works, you can contract the BI developer and give him access to your cameras.