Sub-stream reset to 352x288 & MJPEG after Logoff

DiliMe

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have 4 x Hikvision IP cameras from the following 3 models: DS-2CD2432F-IW, DS-2CD2132F-I, DS-2CD2020F-I.
I record the MainStream on motion detection event using a NVR from QNAP Surveillance Station.
For each camera in the web GUI configuration pages on Video/Audio I have set all settings to maximum quality (resolution, fps, bitrate and H264) both on MainStream and SubStream.
For SubStream I am setting the resolution to 704x576, VBR, 20 fps and H264 and the problem is that after logoff and logon again I find the SubStream reset back to a lower resolution (352x288), 12 fps and the codec changed from H264 to MJPEG.

Is it a Hikvision bug or am I not understanding correctly how MainStream and SubStream works?
Maybe because of the camera specs I cannot set everything to maximum and I have to find the perfect balance to not exceed a maximum outbound bandwidth? For example if I set all settings on high/maximum on SubStream I will also have to lower something else on MainStream?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

DiliMe

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
During weekend I have made some tests and my conclusion is that the problem is caused by the QNAP NVR Surveillance Station.
I will open a ticket with QNAP and I'll let you know the resolution.

I came to this conclusion as I have temporarily changed the password used by QNAP SS to connect to the Hikvision cameras. It looks that when the password was wrong the Sub-Stream settings were remaining as I set them (at maximum quality) for couple of hours, but then immediately after changing back to the correct password I saw the problem back again reseting the Sub-Stream to minimum quality.
It looks that QNAP is forcing and reseting both the Main-Stream and Sub-Stream parameters when connecting to the Hikvision cameras.

Last edited: