Suggest wireless cube cam for senior monitor.

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Was using hik 4mp Cube cam but it died after 2 years use. Are they still the best for under $150. I still have two more of them going strong.

needs to have mic/speaker built in as well for indoor use.

Thanks

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
+1 for the HIK cube cams. I have a couple indoor and one covered outdoor - no problems.

Bink

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you ever found the speaker/two-way audio in these to be any good? Whenever I’ve tried to do any two-way communication through the app and camera I’m mostly left with very poor audio and even worse feedback loops.

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you ever found the speaker/two-way audio in these to be any good? Whenever I’ve tried to do any two-way communication through the app and camera I’m mostly left with very poor audio and even worse feedback loops.
For the camera I mentioned previously, I couldn't get the 2way audio (or even 1 way for that matter) to work. I didn't need it so I didn't try real hard though. I tried it. It didn't work for me. I moved on. I could very well have not had it properly configured though.

Bink

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For the camera I mentioned previously, I couldn't get the 2way audio (or even 1 way for that matter) to work. I didn't need it so I didn't try real hard though. I tried it. It didn't work for me. I moved on. I could very well have not had it properly configured though.
I haven’t had any issues with mic-only audio on the Hikvision and hearing what’s going on where the camera is, but two-way audio has been largely useless.