Suggestion for 8-Channel NVR/Hikvision with Firmware updates

iamtarded

n3wb
Reaction score
I've had Hikvison DS-7608NI-E1 for the last three years. Something's shorted in it and it won't power up the HDD. I have given it for repair but don't expect it to be resurrected.

So I need a new Hikvision NVR suggestion. I have a separate POE switch so just need 1 Network interface model with 8-Channel support. I was given an option of 7608NI-K1 but the last firmware update for that was back in December 2017.

I see that I-series is getting the latest firmware updates i.e. version 4. Is it worth it and does it support viewing from any browser?

Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

iamtarded

n3wb
Reaction score
There are a couple of later V3.x builds - for example : DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL
Thank you for responding!!

I have noticed this while browsing for Firmwares that the version number would be lower but the date would be newer, what's up with that? (Oh not so in this case, lol but I have seen this for a few Camera models I think)

But you are right that the redesigned V4.x firmware is much more interesting.
Yes, there's about 10,000 Rupees difference (that's quite a lot here) between the K1 and I/I2 model so really wondering if its worth it. I might as well go get a refurbished Small Form Factor PC and install Hikvision's own iVMS-4200 which should do a pretty good job. The only thing stopping me right now is the Wattage/Consumption of the PC as compared to these NVRs... NVRs are like 15-20W, may be 30W max.