Suggestions on pc to run Blue Iris (6 cams)

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all

Have some 2mp Dahuas and plan on adding some more but can't see me having need for any more than 6. Want to run Blue Iris.

Any advice on which to pick from the below? I don't want to over spend on the pc. Save some for the cameras themselves.

Business Desktop

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
These seem to be a little expensive to me. But that may be the UK market.
I lean towards the OptiPlex 3050 with 8gb, windows 10 pro. £394.98 That will do the job very nicely.
Also look at EBAY.

HoosierD

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 6 2MP cameras right now at 15 fps on an Optiplex 3040, i5-6500 with 8MB ram. 14% cpu usage and I think that is using RDP so it's probably lower. Read the wiki. Stay away from cpus with letters on then end (from what I've read here). Got mine new in box off ebay for under $300 USD.

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 6 2MP cameras right now at 15 fps on an Optiplex 3040, i5-6500 with 8MB ram. 14% cpu usage and I think that is using RDP so it's probably lower. Read the wiki. Stay away from cpus with letters on then end (from what I've read here). Got mine new in box off ebay for under $300 USD.
Thanks. Appears I should shop around apart from the Dell outlet.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Focus on the CPU; try to get an i7-4770 which should be relatively inexpensive and will allow plenty of room for expansion or running other applications when Blue Iris is running. thumbsup.gif

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks guys. In fact, I am moving from an 8 port POE Dahua NVR. It has serious fan noise issues, plus I think I would prefer the BI interface and the BI app.
Instead of selling on the NVR, can I use it in tandem with a PC running BI? I am thinking of setting the NVR up in the garage as a POE source and run one cable back to the PC?