Sunba 604-D20X Camera

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Camera is also listed as 604-D22X in some places on the seller's Ali Express web site. Looks like I was the first purchase of this model from the CCTV Camera Factory Store (only 1 purchase listed on the web site). I ordered this camera on Thursday Sept 15, 2016. Camera was shipped on Sunday Sept 18, 2016 and arrived in the San Francisco Bay Area on Friday Sept 23, 2016. Total price paid (I selected the 1080P sensor camera) was $229 with free FedEx IE shipping.

The seller describes this camera as an updated version of the 801 IP camera. It is much larger than my 4 inch Sunba HZ507-20XB mini dome camera. The 604 camera has 15 degree upward tilt and from 0 - 90 degree downward tilt. Zoom is 20X optical zoom. It is also described as 80% aluminum and 20% plastic (the 5 inch camera dome is black plastic) in it's shipping paperwork. The 604 also uses the same web interface as my Sunba HZ507-20XB camera. See the following forum thread for complete details on my experience with the Sunba HZ507-20XB camera.

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/8360-Sunba-HZ507-20XB-Mini-Dome-PTZ-Camera

The main reason for getting this camera was I wanted something with more zoom than my Huisun Mini Bullet PTZ cameras. While my Sunba HZ507-20XB camera has 20X zoom, it does not have any upward tilt. That means when I zoom to 20X on the Sunba, I can only see a few blocks away even though our house is up on a hill. I looked at the 2 new Huisun Bullet PTZ models (30X and 20X zoom) but they are priced too high for me.

Here is the first of 2 video samples. This is a daytime zoom test. The KQED sign located on the building downtown is 5.3 miles (8.6 km) away from the camera. Camera is being controlled with Blue Iris Version 4 software.

The daytime image is very good. The default night image is similar to my Sunba HZ507-20XB camera. The default night IR settings are very strong. I have to adjust the AE Refrence setting from a default of 50 down to 40 to get a good night image. If I don't adjust this setting the night image is too bright for my tastes. I will post the night video shortly in this thread.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is the night video capture from the Sunba 604-D20X camera

I adjusted the default AE Reference setting from 50 down to 40 for this video capture. I also changed the Night NT Level setting from 3 to 5 to provide less noise in the image at night. The Night NT Level doesn't appear to have any effect on the day image, so I leave it at the 5 setting for both day and night.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You still liking or would recommend the 604?
Would you have a night video sample using full zoom?

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
You still liking or would recommend the 604?
Would you have a night video sample using full zoom?
I don't have any night video samples at full zoom. The camera is still mounted just above our deck, so the only thing I can see close to the house is the deck. The camera is for looking out at our view. I posted some night vision samples of my Sunba 507 camera on page 2 of the following thread:

Sunba HZ507-20XB Mini Dome PTZ Camera

I would say the night vision is slightly better with the 604 than the 507. I still like the camera, but the fact that I have to change the settings daily to get the best image out of the camera would prevent me from recommending the camera. The default daytime image is very good. But at night I have to change AE Reference setting to get the best night image.