Sunba Speed Dome camera on Amazon ?

lance9386

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with this camera? The price is very attractive, but I am concerned with getting what I pay for..

Thank you for any insight. I am also open to suggestions for alternatives with similar features.

SUNBA 1080P HD, PoE+, 20X Optical Zoom, 4.7~94.0mm, Laser IR-Cut Night Vision, Audio, 2.0 Megapixels, Outdoor Waterpoorf, 120°/s High Speed IP Network Security PTZ Dome Camera with Onvif (601-D20X)

https://www.amazon.com/4-7~94-0mm-Megapixels-Waterpoorf-Security-601-D20X/dp/B01B0YI7FY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_421_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=41c8nsWWghL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&psc=1&refRID=E3E8ZG0MJB2TN3G7C6HW

EDIT - Please move, noticed I placed it in the wrong sub-forum.. sorry about that.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
While I do agree that the camera from aliexpress is most likely junk, I will say that you are dead wrong in assuming that the other camera that @lance9386 pointed out (Sunba 601-D20X P2P) in the first post is "junk" and to stay away. I have tested 5 of these cams in the last month and this is 1 of 2 I will be keeping for my warehouse. The other unit is indeed a Dahua. The ONLY reason that the Dahua is being picked for the outside cam is that it offers a 30x zoom and Sunba could not provide me with a custom cam fast enough that had the same module from the Dahua inside it. A lot of these no name cams are JUNK! I do agree... But this cam, and most of Sunba's line, is pretty much remakes of the higher end PTZ's on the market now (minus the software) The hardware on my Sunba 601 is SOLID and resembles that of the Dahua pretty close (even down to where the stickers are placed on the outside construction). All I am saying is that I may not be an expert in this field, but I have been working in electronics my whole adult life and I know the difference between junk and quality, and few corners were cut to bring that Sunba down to a price range where almost nothing can touch it! BTW: I did open the Sunba up and I investigated quite thoroughly because I really wanted to see where the skimping was at. Like I said, the major differences are the zoom range and the quality of the included software.
The firmware on the camera is the most important part. You cannot determine quality by simply looking at the build. You also cannot come to any conclusions after only a month. Most of these junk cameras have no problems lasting a 6 months to a year. Then the start dying.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
All I am saying is that I may not be an expert in this field, but I have been working in electronics my whole adult life and I know the difference between junk and quality, and few corners were cut to bring that Sunba down to a price range where almost nothing can touch it!
OK, what corners have they cut? Can you list them please.

viziers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Now I am as much of a newb as one can be but from reading a bit on this forum a LOT of people seem to trust/use the Imporx/huisun (assuming the imporx is the no name brand of the Huison) cam and I would assume they have some sort of longevity especially the price point that they sell for.

I just purchased a Imporx cam from The person everyone here calls Jack and this is my first cam I have ever bought as my original choice was the Hikvision but the Huisuns seem to have better options and abilities than the HIK's so I gave them a try first. I'd like to hope the Imporx cam will last for years to come.

vizi

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Now I am as much of a newb as one can be but from reading a bit on this forum a LOT of people seem to trust/use the Imporx/huisun (assuming the imporx is the no name brand of the Huison) cam and I would assume they have some sort of longevity especially the price point that they sell for.

I just purchased a Imporx cam from The person everyone here calls Jack and this is my first cam I have ever bought as my original choice was the Hikvision but the Huisuns seem to have better options and abilities than the HIK's so I gave them a try first. I'd like to hope the Imporx cam will last for years to come.

vizi
Unfortunately those cameras have not been reliable. Lots of reports of failures of the V1 and now a few on the v2 as well.

viziers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Unfortunately those cameras have not been reliable. Lots of reports of failures of the V1 and now a few on the v2 as well.

Yea I have heard of the issues with the V1's and saw that the V2 4x ones had issues as well but read the V2 10x were good as long as you did not update the firmware. How about actual Huisun cams? are they reputable for longevity? Or I may have to go back to my original plan of going with the Hikvisions.

vizi

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you want proven reliability then it's hard to dismiss Hikvision, Dahua or rebrands of them (LTS etc). If you import then you are on your own with these Chinese cameras. I know because I have done that!

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am really debating getting that Sunba 601 but did look at the Hikvision DS-2DE5184-AE (http://www.hikvision.com/us/Products_1_10561_i8487.html). The pricing is about $325 vs $800 but the Hikvision has a 3 year warranty.

I bought (and am returning) the Reolink RLC-423 PTZ camera - software is a mess on that unit.

Sunba tech support has been very responsive & thats a plus.

The Hikvision has no IR that I can detect but I think it might work as a speed dome where it will cruise around & follow motion as it happens - that is pretty cool. I feel like I would get tech support from Hikvision after year 2 but wonder about the Sunba.

Then again its less than half the price so theres that too.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Half price only if you buy once!

The support from Sunba is probably better than the support from Hikvision (which is a complete joke, just salesmen). So your choice is do you want proven reliability and warranty or half-price.

Personally I'd check out some Dahua PTZ cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can buy 20x dahua and hikvision cams for 600 with warranty.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Doesn't milkisbad just sell hiks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk