-no issues with crashing
-no playback crashing
-no evaluation marking
-no high CPU

Last edited:

Schnoidz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Before I reverted back to version 5.2.7.9 I made the mistake of IMPORTING a previous saved setting. That was from 5 cameras ago and I lost the 5 of my 19 cameras. I've just finished adding the 5 cameras back. All looks good now but tomorrow I'll go through the settings on all the cameras to make sure I'm back to normal. Oh yeah I also did a fresh EXPORT of my settings too.

alekslyse

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes you need an active support/maintenance from now to update. I don't mind, just that it was no info about it before it was changed/set in effect.

Would be better to disable update if the result is stuck in evolution mode

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes you need an active support/maintenance from now to update. I don't mind, just that it was no info about it before it was changed/set in effect.

Would be better to disable update if the result is stuck in evolution mode
Where are you getting this information?

Schnoidz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just checked the website and am searching their forums now. I haven't found that news yet.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just checked the website and am searching their forums now. I haven't found that news yet.
The website always indicated that you would only have a year of updates. This was the case even with v4, however he never enforced it.

alekslyse

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I highly recommend him to be open about the change. Everyone understands he need money to develop, but openness makes people more understanding

alekslyse

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you post the email? This was really implemented in a shitty way.
Here is the email:

The license is not a subscription, but the support and maintenance is now time-based, you may purchase that by the year, and it need not be continuous.

If you do not plan on renewing support and maintenance, you are licensed to all versions released prior to 4/6/2020, but we are extending this to version 5.2.6.5, this is the current update link on the Support page on the BlueIrisSoftware website (although it says 5.2.7.x)

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
This is obviously a feature that has been mentioned before in that Ken has never implemented it to date. Would be better if the option to update is removed rather than leaving you in demo mode but I’m sure the next update will hopefully sort this out.

This does remind me that my support runs out at the end of this month, I think.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It makes sense this is done after a big update like 265 was added. You are going to be more likely to purchase the yearly subscription when you get something for it.

I think it could have been done a lot better by making a statement here or on blue iris update files/pop-up. Anything than making your BI revert back to demo mode with an update.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I noticed since .10 update you are unable to update to a different model or new model in the 'check for update' in bi program.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was hoping that it might have been changed to warn so that you could cancel the update? My system is in support so can’t test.
.12 same issue.

i noticed also that it blocks out ability to roll back to different version or update any further. It seems extended support is required.