Support wanted: Not being able to get the IPC-K42A PIR alarm working with my NVR5216-16P-I

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been trying to get the PIR alarm of my IPC-K42A camera working, but so far have been unsuccesful. Could not find a working solution in the manual, on the forum or in the DahuaWiki. Hence, I am posting this threat to see if somebody can be of help.

My setup is built around a NVR5216-16P-I and as part of my setup I have a couple of IPC-K42A camera’s. During certain parts of the day, I would like the camera to start recording once the PIR-sensor raises an alarm. I believe I have so far been able to get the PIR alarm working in the camera, at least that’s what I feel the log tells me.

Screenshot 2021-06-02 at 11.20.31.png

For this I have applied the following PIR alarm settings in one camera:

Screenshot 2021-06-02 at 11.36.45.png

However, the PIR alarm does not seem to register in the logging on the NVR, nor does it trigger a recording. My PIR alarm setup is reflected in the NVR as follows:

Screenshot 2021-06-02 at 11.38.06.png

Furthermore, I have disabled all other events for this camera to make sure there is no interference with the PIR alarm.

N.B. One additional question I have is if somebody can tell me if I can use the PIR alarm as a filter for the motion detect to only trigger on humans/animals (as SMD only seems to work on the whole image and doesn’t seem to adhere to the MD region setting).

Thanks in advance!