Surveillance cam video editing

michaelb

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a costco 4k ultra HD DVR using supplied cameras. I configured the cameras to 1080 p to get 30 FPS.

My issue is that motion detection events cause there to be a gap, missing frames.

In an example that happens frequently.........Owl flies past the camera 6 feet away....I get the Owl from the left of frame to about center then it is gone.
Viewing on the monitor there is no gap as there is when the files are downloaded and edited together.

Is there a fix for this?

Thank you

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a costco 4k ultra HD DVR using supplied cameras. I configured the cameras to 1080 p to get 30 FPS.

My issue is that motion detection events cause there to be a gap, missing frames.

In an example that happens frequently.........Owl flies past the camera 6 feet away....I get the Owl from the left of frame to about center then it is gone.
Viewing on the monitor there is no gap as there is when the files are downloaded and edited together.

Is there a fix for this?

Thank you
Constant recording is what many of us use to solve this issue also ..

michaelb

n3wb
Reaction score
Constant recording is what many of us use to solve this issue also ..
Thank you, I do not use the standard motion detection but rather area detection afterward during playback. I was under the impression that constant recording would prevent using area detection later. I will experiment. BTW...I look mostly for critters over my coffee in the morning. Imagine my surprise when I saw multiple burglars coming to my window only to see me watching tv and leaving. The video was given to the police and they gave it to the media which use it as the standard Burglary meme. The news stories are sent to me by friends to "inform me of the danger in my area". Then I inform them that the video is mine.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you, I do not use the standard motion detection but rather area detection afterward during playback. I was under the impression that constant recording would prevent using area detection later. I will experiment. BTW...I look mostly for critters over my coffee in the morning. Imagine my surprise when I saw multiple burglars coming to my window only to see me watching tv and leaving. The video was given to the police and they gave it to the media which use it as the standard Burglary meme. The news stories are sent to me by friends to "inform me of the danger in my area". Then I inform them that the video is mine.
Please share the video here!