Surveillance System Handover

Sakalam

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

What do I need to know/ask the current contractor doing our CCTV Surveillance system when doing a handover? what are the data that I need to get from them?

-I am just a CCTV Operator but the management decided to remove the contractor doing the maintenance

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What do I need to know/ask the current contractor doing our CCTV Surveillance system when doing a handover? what are the data that I need to get from them?
Suggestion (assuming an IP system), maybe a little optimistic :

A list of all the components including model number and IP address and location.
A schematic of how they are connected.
A list of all logon accounts and their passwords.
An export file of all configuration settings.
A list of known unresolved issues.
A note of regular and needed maintenance activities.

Sakalam

n3wb
Reaction score
Suggestion (assuming an IP system), maybe a little optimistic :

A list of all the components including model number and IP address and location.
A schematic of how they are connected.
A list of all logon accounts and their passwords.
An export file of all configuration settings.
A list of known unresolved issues.
A note of regular and needed maintenance activities.
Yes it is an IP system with a mix of old analog cams

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would also check they haven't left any sneaky backdoor access to f**k it up later on so you need to call them back in to fix it. If you are tech savy check your router for strange port forwarding. Also like @Flintstone61 said get the password and change them straight away then reboot the system in case they are still connected via an old password.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Ask for ALL passwords, including all admin passwords, not just the user passwords.

Try them all and make sure you have access so you can change them all before they leave.
I have seen some really screwy ways to leave back doors into a system, so they can come back later and play around.