Suspicious Driver Recorded with Huisun Mini Bullet PTZ

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Saw this car parked across the street for 8 minutes. The driver looked like he was talking on his cell phone the entire time. It appeared to be a video call as he was holding his cell phone out so he could see the screen. From where he was parked he had a view downtown. You can see he pointed his phone twice at our house during those 8 minutes. I thought it seemed a little suspicious. While I wasn't able to get a license plate, the closeup view from the Huisun camera made up for that. Here is the edited version of the video.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looked more like the front cam was on for the vid call, not the back..he never touched the screen (that I could see) to swap the cams back and forth. It looked incidental that the phone's back aimed towards your home, not like he was making an effort and simultaneously viewing the results of his aim. He's missing his front plate...would get pulled for that here. You might be able to see something from a zoomed still when he whips around out front..the sun hits his plate for a few milliseconds.

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks to me like he was videoing your house and the intersection. To me, he kind of acted like a cop talking on his radio while taking video. But i would imagine a cop would use something a little better than a phone camera for official business. Then again, cops like those Hemi engines. :)

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there houses in the area for sale? It could be a dude working for a real estate office doing a comp survey of the area

Bill

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Regardless what he was doing, impressed with the quality!

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks to me like he was videoing your house and the intersection. To me, he kind of acted like a cop talking on his radio while taking video. But i would imagine a cop would use something a little better than a phone camera for official business. Then again, cops like those Hemi engines. :)
I doubt he was a cop. He doesn't have a license plate in the front of his car like alphawave7 pointed out. Here in California, you are required to display a front license plate.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there houses in the area for sale? It could be a dude working for a real estate office doing a comp survey of the area

Bill
At the very beginning of this video, you can see the For Sale sign for the land across the street with the white fence. Nearly everyday I see people stop and look at the land. He didn't look like a real estate person, the ones I see around here drive much nicer cars. :D

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I doubt he was a cop. He doesn't have a license plate in the front of his car like alphawave7 pointed out. Here in California, you are required to display a front license plate.
You are probably right, I watch way too many cop shows on tv. :shame:

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is that your Lexus in front? It looks to me he's interested in the car for bad reasons. Be careful. Highly suspicious.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Is that your Lexus in front? It looks to me he's interested in the car for bad reasons. Be careful. Highly suspicious.
Yes, that is our car. It is always locked and alarmed. I can also chirp the alarm or turn it on from inside the house if necessary.

Did anyone notice that my Huisun camera turns from AM to PM at 1:00 PM instead of at 12 Noon? This happens on both my cameras. Check the time stamp at the 1:16 mark of this video to see. At night, both cameras change from PM to AM right at midnight as expected. Anyone else notice this about their Huisun Mini Bullet PTZ. I may have to switch the time format to the 24 hour setting to fix this.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Mine is showing PM but it's after 1:00 now. I'll have to remember to check them tomorrow before 1:00 PM to see if mine have the problem too.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine is showing PM but it's after 1:00 now. I'll have to remember to check them tomorrow before 1:00 PM to see if mine have the problem too.
Or you can check any recordings that were made by the Huisun Mini Bullet PTZ between 12 Noon and 1 PM if you get a chance...

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Or you can check any recordings that were made by the Huisun Mini Bullet PTZ between 12 Noon and 1 PM if you get a chance...
I did check a recording at 12:58 from my Huisun front door camera and as you mentioned, it does show AM instead of PM. Guess we should mention this bug to Monica.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I checked the Huisun street camera recordings and it also showed AM until 1:00 PM.
Thanks for your help with this. I'm probably going to change my Huisun's to the 24 hour time format just so I can have the correct time stamp. I may change the rest of my cameras to match, just so they can all be consistent.

pdxDavid

n3wb
Reaction score
The suspicious part to me starts at around 40 seconds when he puts the phone to his mouth after showing the intersection. Looks like he is covertly showing the car or the house, covertly because of the passing car. After that he has no problem outright showing the car and the house or whatever is in that direction. Otherwise that would be the most ridiculous video call with the phone against his mouth. Or it could be the fact I don't trust anyone, but hey, that's why we have these cams, right?

khx73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What @djangel said (and others). Looks interested in the car.

Another strange occurance in front of @lulu5kamz 's house .. you can almost have your own youtube channel :p

Last edited by a moderator:

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
The suspicious part to me starts at around 40 seconds when he puts the phone to his mouth after showing the intersection. Looks like he is covertly showing the car or the house, covertly because of the passing car. After that he has no problem outright showing the car and the house or whatever is in that direction. Otherwise that would be the most ridiculous video call with the phone against his mouth. Or it could be the fact I don't trust anyone, but hey, that's why we have these cams, right?
This was the main reason I thought this guy was suspicious. He appeared to wait for the passing car to go by before pointing the cell phone towards the front of our house.