SV3C 5MP PTZ camera TILT BELT SLIP. KNOWN PROBLEM BUT THEY STILL SHIP THE PRODUCT>

PeteDD

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought four Sv3C PTZ 5MP camera on Amazon. They have auto tracking and auto zoom. That works fairly well HOWEVER,
when the camera is moved from preset position to another preset position, it most often does not return to the correct position.
It loses it "home" reference. After thinking I had a Blue Iris issue and chasing that for two months, I finally contacted the vendor only to
find out that this is a KNOWN PROBLEM that THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX. I share key portions of their messages:

26 July 2023: “This is due to the loose longitudinal belt of the PTZ control inside the camera, causing a loss of step. Firmware updates and
program fixes cannot solve the problem. Our technical team has also tried many methods, There is basically no solution.”

26 July 2023 “due to the randomness of this issue, even with replacements, the same problem may still exist. “

28 July 2023 “currently there is really no better solution, and our technical team is also studying this issue. And this problem arises randomly,
which also increases our difficulty.”

1 August 2023 “some occasional problems can not be solved, and our technical team is also researching solutions, which will take time.”

In the end, Amazon refunded my money but I now have to find other cameras that actually work.
I have filed an ethics complaint with Amazon.
I suggest you avoid this product and perhaps the vendor altogether.
This is the product:
Others had similar issues they want to share?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

PeteDD

n3wb
Reaction score
The solution is to not buy cheap Chinese cameras. Stick with tried-and-true cams for your home. WIFI cams have no place in a good cam setup.
I hard-wire my cameras. But tell me, what would you recommend for a PTZ auto-tracking camera that is reliable? Is Reolink reputable?

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You pays your money and takes your chances, but at least Amazon gave you a full refund. Yes....by rights the company should halt further sales until they get this figured out. However, intermittent engineering problems like this do take time to readily reproduce and develop a viable fix solution that can be verification tested before releasing it to customers and manufacturing. It's like pouring salt on the wound when you tell a customer the problem is fixed only to find out the fix doesn't really work because engineering released it before it was fully tested.

Reaction score

PeteDD

n3wb
Reaction score

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 on NO to reolink or wifi or cheap PTZ.

The invisible man, where can he be. Thank goodness he is carrying around a reflective plate to see where he is LOL (hint - the person is literally in the middle of the image at the end of the fence holding a license plate) and this is one of the Reolink PTZs

I've seen better images on an episode of ghost hunters :lmao:

1672013751058.png