SV3C Camera and Firmware

Bugway

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I have been given 3 of the above cameras and have them working however, they are reasonably limited in their onboard functionality.

I have them working through a laptop with iSpy dumping images to its HDD however, ideally i would have the Cams dumping them onto a NAS rather than be dependant on my laptop being left on. Unfortunately the Cams only support FTP whereas my NAS doesnt.

Are there firmware updates/mods that i could install on these to enhance their usefulness? Ideally i would be able to write direct to a Network Share (the NAS).

I get the feeling that i am trying to hit square pegs into round holes but dont want to bin these (Pic is fine for my needs) unnecessaily without asking.

Thanks

Bug

Reaction score
If it's not in the firmware already on the camera, chances are it will NEVER be available.
They stack 'em deep and sell them cheep because they don't support them.

Bugway

n3wb
Reaction score
Isnt there a Generic firmware that can be loaded?

Many of the components are probably Standard so i would have thought a universal firmware could be available

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You're trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, I know 'cuz I got suckered in to them. SV3C is a pretty low end camera (being generous with that). My guess is their firmware is burned in and not re-writable because it's cheaper to do it that way.

Bugway

n3wb
Reaction score
It does allow you to Update but granted, i have never tried and it may not actually work!

What cameras did you buy in the end?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I've been using nothing but Dahua ever since I tried my first one, a 5231R-ZE. To say it makes the SV3C look like the junk they are, even during the day, is being kind.

Good luck finding an update. Keep in mind they may have "locked" the firmware down to prevent updating with anything but their firmware.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Bugway, be sure to read the WiKI, in the blue bar at the top of the page fourth from the left. Pay particular attention to the Cliff Notes in there, Look at all of the topics listed there, including how to secure your network on the internet. Read it on a real computer, not a phone of table.