SV3C HX series 720p IP camera

Reaction score
Hi

This is my first post. Also 1st time to install an IP camera. The model i use is SV-B06W-720P-EU.

I am having a lot of difficulties in installing this camera. The major problem is that when i connect the power supply adapter. It makes a click noise like some relay switching. I can see in networks IPCAM and then after few seconds it again make a click noise and it gets disconnected.

This keeps happening every minute as long as it is connected to power supply. I have to wait that it switches back on and then i can make settings. But that too is not happening. From SV3C i am not getting a continuous support. I get one email per day and that too is not so much helpful.

It would be great to get some ideas and your experiences shared. Thanks.

Best Regards
Zargham Ali

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Did you read the Cliff Notes in the Wiki above regarding camera selection?

That brand is not ranked very highly and you would be better off returning it to the vendor, especially since their support is not responsive. My first thought it was the IR cut filter cutting in/out but that would not likely be the cause of the disconnect. Camera or power supply sounds defective.

I'd stick with a Dahua from Empire Technology or Hikvision from another vendor (not sure).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hi Tony.

Thanks for reply. Yes you are probably right. I also think the camera might be defective. I will talk with vendor and arrange to send it back.

Could you please suggest any other camera which is good and not too expensive. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For that similar budget I recommend the Dahua IPC-HFW1120S from Empire Technology. It's bullet style like the the SVC3 but has better resolution and is POE.

If you insist on wireless, look at the Amcrest IPM-723B. It's a rebranded Dahua and is essentially the same cam as above without POE but will also perform wirelessly (not recommended)

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Hi Tony. Thanks a lot for suggestions. I will look into it. I had another camera also from ACCEVO and it is working and got connected. I think it is power supply of that camera. Anyhow i wanted to confirm regarding extension cable for adapter. This camera has a cable of 1.2m but i would require atleast 6m cable. I see 3m cables extension cables. I know its silly but can two extension cables be connected with each other or does it require another connector?

Also this adapter has specification of output 12 v and 2amps

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
....... I know its silly but can two extension cables be connected with each other or does it require another connector? Also this adapter has specification of output 12 v and 2amps
The short answer is "yes" but there are important considerations:

Most IP cams have a barrel-type, female power connector for either 5VDC or 12 VDC. The majority are 12VDC, especially outdoor-rated cameras. Generally, they are sized as follows:

5 volt DC cam connector: 3.5mm outside x 1.35mm inside
12 volt DC cam connector: 5.5mm outside x 2.1mm inside (likely your camera's size)

Extension cables of various lengths are sold for both and if sized correctly and properly applied, should not present a problem. Where a DC extension cable can cause problems is:
1) The wire gauge is too small and causes too much voltage drop for the distance. Either increase the size of the conductor or decrease the distance to the camera, or possibly both.
2) Poor workmanship: the connectors mate loosely or are bonded to the conductors poorly, causing mechanical or thermal intermittent issues with power delivery to the camera.

Choose a highly rated extension, the largest gauge of conductor available and of the appropriate length, not any longer than needed.

These 5.5mm x 2.1mm connector extension cords are highly rated. There are 2 in the package and yes, you can plug one extension into another to achieve the needed length but the rules certainly still apply regarding voltage drop. Also, you're adding additional mechanical connections inline with the camera so keep that in mind.

I have done this: You can make your own of the perfect length and proper gauge conductor by using these connectors below and some 18 gauge lampcord /zipcord officially called 'SPT-1' or 'SPT-2' (same as -1 but with thicker insulation). Bear in mind the insulation of this cord is NOT outdoor-rated. I used #18 because I was going 30 feet to a small PTZ cam. Using this online calculator, 12VDC @ 2 amps max for 6 meters / 20 feet requires #18 also. IMO, #24 will cause too much voltage drop at 6m, even if the current demand is only 1 AMP.

No solder required, all you need is wire cutter, wire stripper and small Phillips screwdriver.

M-F_12VDC.jpg

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.