SV3C SV-D02POE

Doxxie881

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I have just added one of these and the video is ok though the model is not available under the "Video" tab but SV3C is listed. Howwever the PTZ is not working and there is no SC3C listed under the "PTZ/Control" tab where I have selected "Enable PTZ" and "Network IP". Does anyone know how to get PTZ control working please?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

I have just added one of these and the video is ok though the model is not available under the "Video" tab but SV3C is listed. Howwever the PTZ is not working and there is no SC3C listed under the "PTZ/Control" tab where I have selected "Enable PTZ" and "Network IP". Does anyone know how to get PTZ control working please?
First, return that junk cam if you still can. Its garbage.
Second, that is a regular fixed dome camera, not a PTZ. It cannot be adjusted after installation.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Second, that is a regular fixed dome camera, not a PTZ. It cannot be adjusted after installation.
Haha i love this dude.. no fluff just facts and straight to the point.. listen to @fenderman , he knows what hes talking about

Doxxie881

n3wb
Reaction score
Brilliant response. Many thanks. I will return it. Any suggestions for a PTZ dome camera in its place please?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Check with @EMPIRETECANDY but id say something like this:
IPC-HDBW4231E-AS 2MP starlight IR Mini Dome Network Camera IPC-HDBW4231E-AS ,free dhl shipping
IPC HDBW4231E AS 2MP starlight IR Mini Dome Network Camera IPC HDBW4231E AS ,free dhl shipping-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group to Clipboard
(from AliExpress Android)
Note that camera is not a PTZ....
The Op first needs to determine whether a PTZ is necessary... Most of the time it is not.. for a fixed camera best option is it turret design... See the dahua Starlight turret threads both fixed and varifocal... There is a Dahua Mini Dome PTZ Starlight.. see the thread on it.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
The Op first needs to determine whether a PTZ is necessary... Most of the time it is not.. for a fixed camera best option is it turret design... See the dahua Starlight turret threads both fixed and varifocal... There is a Dahua Mini Dome PTZ Starlight.. see the thread on it.
Yea my bad, thats the one i meant to post.. ill delete that link

Doxxie881

n3wb
Reaction score
Great. Thanks again. Good point about checking need for PTZ.