Swann NVR8-7400

FNadeau

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to add my Swann NVR8-7400 to Blue Iris for a while now without any access, even with the help from the developer Ken. I can't find the stream after a lot of research on the internet, it just doesn't work.

I tried to add the NVR with the iOS app IPCamViewer Lite, and to my surprise, it worked with the Swann NVR8-7300 from the list within the app, so I know it's possible to add the NVR to Blue Iris.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Francis

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to add my Swann NVR8-7400 to Blue Iris for a while now without any access, even with the help from the developer Ken. I can't find the stream after a lot of research on the internet, it just doesn't work.

I tried to add the NVR with the iOS app IPCamViewer Lite, and to my surprise, it worked with the Swann NVR8-7300 from the list within the app, so I know it's possible to add the NVR to Blue Iris.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Francis
I am pretty sure this NVR and cams are made by the same folks who make the reolink cameras (unlike many other swann units that are hikvision)...try reolink from the drop down...you can try using wireshark to get more info...
also see How to add camera to BI that is not in the drop down list

FNadeau

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

I've tried Wireshark and everything in the thread you mentioned and nothing works, but it does work in IpCamViewer by Mr. Chou when using the RLC-410, and I can connect to my NVR with the reolink software so you are definitely right, it does seem to be a Reolink equivalent.

I think I'm up for a teamviewer session if you are willing to, I can pay if you wish, I don't want to waste anyone's time.

Thank you.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Having a Teamviewer session with @fenderman is THE short path to success but I was wondering if you had tried the following with VLC; if you have not but it works for you it could only help with your quest.

Assuming RTSP is still active on this model, try replacing number after 'Preview' with the channel number; also change the default username 'admin' with correct username and default password '12345' with correct password if either have been changed from default.

Mainstream:
rtsp://admin:12345@IPADDRESS:554/h264Preview_01_main

Substream:
rtsp://admin:12345@IPADDRESS:554/h264Preview_01_sub

FNadeau

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you Tony. RTSP seems closed on my model, I've used Nmap and the ports 85 and 9000 are the only ones open. When I use Wireshark, all seems encrypted and cannot see any stream path.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you Tony. RTSP seems closed on my model, I've used Nmap and the ports 85 and 9000 are the only ones open. When I use Wireshark, all seems encrypted and cannot see any stream path.
Well, crap...and 9000 is a very common 'media' port on DVR's; I used 9000 to view my Night Owl 8 ch. DVR via Blue Iris.

Good luck!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

I've tried Wireshark and everything in the thread you mentioned and nothing works, but it does work in IpCamViewer by Mr. Chou when using the RLC-410, and I can connect to my NVR with the reolink software so you are definitely right, it does seem to be a Reolink equivalent.

I think I'm up for a teamviewer session if you are willing to, I can pay if you wish, I don't want to waste anyone's time.

Thank you.
send me a pm we can do a teamviewer session

FNadeau

n3wb
Reaction score
Done. Whenever you can, thank you so much. If you find a solution I'll make sure to post it here for others.