Swann security systems ?

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
my wife volunteered me to help the local Elk's Lodge debug their security camera system that died last month. I know nothing about it yet other than that its from Swann, and has at least 4 cameras. I don't know how old, I don't know if the cameras are PoE or analog. I'm going to try and at least find out the model of the NVR itself so I can try and research it before I even go down there for a site visit and first round.

anyone know anything about Swann ? I found their website, it all looks pretty generic, and of course all the products they advertise now will have little to do with whatever older system this is..

they've made it remotely accessible to a few members who frequent their swimming pool so they can check the pool crowd before driving over. I'm hoping this doesn't mean that its been made hackable.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They are the typical big-box store consumer grade units.

I am sure it was either a port-forward or scan some QR code, so yea, it is easily hackable.

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
ok, turns out, the access my wife has is just an image uploaded to the lodge's website, and not the actual NVR.

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok, its a 16 channel coax system, the DVR is a Swann DVR-4575, using 16 1080p coax cameras with PIR motion detect, probably PRO-1080MSB.

Only 4 cameras are dead, so my first guess is, its just a power supply issue, those 4 cams are likely on their own wall wart with a splitter, so I just need to trace the cable to one, and find where its powered and go from there. Have Fluke and Ladder, Will Travel! (the site is RIGHT down the street from me, heh).