Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

Ehab Saad

n3wb
Reaction score
Pretty sure if you performed a factory reset you should not be able to remote login with a browser until you activate with the app? Make sure you delete the doorbell completely from the app before trying to activate it again. I think I recall this happening when not deleting the device from the app? I've had instances when resetting the doorbell having the app say failed to connect or the counter times out only to find out it logged into the Hik server. When resetting I think you you have to hear "Start configuring WiFi" and then "the device is registered" or "the doorbell is running" or something along those?
I tried resetting it, turns on, says the doorbell is running, then connection failed. The device is completely deleted from the app. I then go to set it up, I run through the setup, it connects to the wifi, then it says activate, I set a password, but when I click activate it says activation failed. Afterwards, I can access the doorbell via the browser but it won't add to the app or hik connect or anything

thestooge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Don't you have to use the password on the front of the device (under the front panel near the QR code) to activate it first?

Ehab Saad

n3wb
Reaction score
Don't you have to use the password on the front of the device (under the front panel near the QR code) to activate it first?
I'll give that a try, although now for the life of me I can't get it to read the QR code to connect to wifi after I've reset it, lol. Any tips?

Ehab Saad

n3wb
Reaction score
I'll give that a try, although now for the life of me I can't get it to read the QR code to connect to wifi after I've reset it, lol. Any tips?
NVM, got it back up and running after a reset. Very thankful it's working again, tried the Arlo video doorbell (wired) over the weekend, horrible experience! 4-10 second lag with live view, video doesn't even show up with button press. So happy to have my hikvision back. Had it almost 4 years without any lag whatsoever, almost instantaneous.

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
same version iOS app as TimTech, but my doorbell firmware is 1.4.62 180515. i can't see any supplemental light settings either (sorry, was just going off the update notes for that one), but the settings page has a few more items, including Custom Audio Management, which I assume means you can record/upload your own busy message (don't recall seeing this before)

i also got locked out for 30 mins last week while on the same LAN...thought i entered the password wrong as I was logging in for the first time from a different computer...although the doorbell was still visible as normal in my other cam apps. even now back on the regular computer it is finicky trying to log into the ip address directly, or through the NVR camera config page, and says "Invalid user name or password" despite the password being the same as I have always used...wonder if something has changed at the back end...
OK, you both are using IOS so that may be the difference? Google Playstore no longer offers Hikconnect app and I have to go directly to Hikvision to update my S21 & Tab S7 devices. I did own an Ipad for awhile and will say it performed better with the Hikvision app vs my Android phone but I've now come to learn it is a Samsung issue not Android.
So far this is day 3 of not receiving "The device is locked with the minute count down or try again in 30 minutes". I'm suspecting my Orbi satellite was causing the issue but still working on confirming it.
OK, you both are using IOS so that may be the difference? Google Playstore no longer offers Hikconnect app and I have to go directly to Hikvision to update my S21 & Tab S7 devices. I did own an Ipad for awhile and will say it performed better with the Hikvision app vs my Android phone but I've now come to learn it is a Samsung issue not Android.
So far this is day 3 of not receiving "The device is locked with the minute count down or try again in 30 minutes". I'm suspecting my Orbi satellite was causing the issue but still working on confirming it.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to remedy the "Device is locked. Please try again." Reset the the doorbell and router and is OK for awhile but problem returns logging in thru web page. I wish I didn't get rid of my Netgear R6400 router, I at least could have diagnosed if router is issue? Still working on it though!

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Unfortunately I haven't been able to remedy the "Device is locked. Please try again." Reset the the doorbell and router and is OK for awhile but problem returns logging in thru web page. I wish I didn't get rid of my Netgear R6400 router, I at least could have diagnosed if router is issue? Still working on it though!
Are you using IE? You have to use IE due to the ActiveX dependency. I just tried to log in and got the “your device is locked…please try again in 27 minutes”. I haven’t found any rhyme or reason for this behavior yet. If I wait, it usually works after the allotted time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yep, after 27 minutes, I got in. I have to figure out why the first attempt always results in a lock.

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yep, after 27 minutes, I got in. I have to figure out why the first attempt always results in a lock.

Yes I'm using IE, and I can log in after waiting. I've uninstalled firewall and anti virus, disconnected the doorbell from the Hikvision server, still get issue. So what is trying to log into the doorbell causing it to lock? I'm recording 24/7 from the doorbell to my Amcrest NVR. I'm pretty sure disconnecting NVR did not remedy it but may try again?

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don’t have any NVR or BI, just stand alone door bell and I get the lock out. My AP is an Asus RT-AC68U connected to a Ubiquity EdgeRouter-X. I don’t think this lockout is router dependent. Maybe cookies in the browser?
Maybe try incognito mode for initial login?

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don’t have any NVR or BI, just stand alone door bell and I get the lock out. My AP is an Asus RT-AC68U connected to a Ubiquity EdgeRouter-X. I don’t think this lockout is router dependent. Maybe cookies in the browser?
Maybe try incognito mode for initial login?

Yesterday I removed the Orbi satellite and connected my Netgear 6150 extender in between my router(RBR40) and doorbell, same issue. I recall last fall when I used the same extender with Netgear R6400 router I never had this issue and I've had this doorbell for 3 years. Maybe it's a Windows security update? Not sure if the [DoS Attack: SYN/ACK Scan] that are in the router logs have anything to do with it?

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My firmware has been the same for years. However, the lockout just started months ago.

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My firmware has been the same for years. However, the lockout just started months ago.

Same for me, using 171225 downloaded from Nellys almost 3 years ago.

Update: While locked out on Windows desktop I can log into the doorbell using Chrome and Samsung Internet on my Android tablet!

Unable to view image but can access configuration settings.

I just rebooted the doorbell from tablet and was able to log into doorbell using IE on my Windows desktop.

Any ideas explaining this situation?

Last edited:

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Any luck with figuring out why the 30minute lock out when typing in correct password? I can log into the doorbell from my phone & tablet(wifi) when I receive the message on my Windows 10 desktop? I can also log on using my wife’s Windows 10 desktop that is connected by wifi. So I disconnected the LAN cable and used the internal wifi card in my desktop and still received the message? Can you log in with another device?

thestooge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Got the lockout message again today using IE and chrome on Win10, except the first message said 21 minutes, instead of 30. I can log in fine with iOs. I logged in a couple of days ago without getting locked out, so not sure what the 21 minutes is today.

Everything else works fine, shrug. Maybe something to do with a recent windows update? because it doesnt seem to happen on any other os/device. Out of interest, does your wife's Win10 have the same updates installed as your one?

EDIT: I just tried safari on macOS and also getting locked out, so it isn't limited to Win10. Safari on iOs still logs in fine even now, however.

Last edited:

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wife's computer has same updates as mine. Just tried it again this morning, I was locked out and I was able to log on with hers. One thing I notice I never get the countdown that says you have X attempts left? When I intentionally enter an incorrect password when the device is unlocked it displays the countdown.

Update, I think I figured out my issue with the lockout? Appears to be caused by a Microsoft security update for Office 2010. I've been runing 2 days now without the lockout message.

Last edited:

iwanttosee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I installed Pi Hole and use it as my DNS server. I also took my La View doorbell and rest of cameras off the internet because I'm using a VPN solution and I don't really need the door bell notice to go to my phone.

The door bell tried to contact dev.ezvizlife.com 2224 times in the 23 minutes. I stopped it by using Pi Hole.

1626805393142.png

Last edited:

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Update, I think I figured out my issue with the lockout? Appears to be caused by a Microsoft security update for Office 2010. I've been runing 2 days now without the lockout message.
So, what did you do to circumvent the Office 2010 security update?

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So, what did you do to circumvent the Office 2010 security update?

I'm going to wait until the weekend and install Office 2010 but I will uncheck the windows update option to auto update MS products. Supposedly Office 2010 is no longer supported as of Oct 2020 and may be a security risk? I really don't do any online collaborating with it on my home desktop so not sure of the risk. I have Office 365 on my work laptop so if I can't keep using 2010 I can always edit files on laptop or use Google docs or sheets to edit if I move files to cloud. I'll update this weekend.

Installed Office 2010(Word & Excel) 2 days ago and opted out of any online choices and turned off MS program updates in Windows 10 updates. No more lock outs!

Last edited:

iwanttosee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
1626864005908.png

Woke up with the device reset its DHCP and started to hit my DNS server in a 4 hour period.