Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Fyi, in case others might be interested. The FW that came with my new RCA unit no longer locked you down to video stream settings at 12fps that occurred when I was still at FW171219.

I also noticed that Hikvision must have fixed the backend interoperability recently. In June, I couldn't use the Hik-Connect app as it didn't like my userid login account that I created for RCA which I used interchangeably for 5 months between the LTS/RCA/LaView/Nelly/EzViz apps. That error message kept saying it was wrong userid/phone number so seems like Hik disable backend cloud integration. I called and reported it to Hik USA and nice to see that backend cloud integration feature was fixed. Now I'm back to using the Hik-Connect app with my new RCA doorbell because it has a couple features I like over the other rebranded apps.

It seems like the feedback feature in the Hik-Connect app is getting to the right group at corp. For example, I complained back in Feb in mypost that I sent feedback to Hik via Hik-Connect app and so far 2/4 have been addressed!

2. option to disable the subscriber is not available message ==> removed in my FW 180122 and also confirmed in 180515
3. bring back option to choose video stream settings other than 12fps, etc ==> selectable options are back in my 180122 version like prior to 171219

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Fyi, in case others might be interested. The FW that came with my new RCA unit no longer locked you down to video stream settings at 12fps that occurred when I was still at FW171219.

I also noticed that Hikvision must have fixed the backend interoperability recently. In June, I couldn't use the Hik-Connect app as it didn't like my userid login account that I created for RCA which I used interchangeably for 5 months between the LTS/RCA/LaView/Nelly/EzViz apps. That error message kept saying it was wrong userid/phone number so seems like Hik disable backend cloud integration. I called and reported it to Hik USA and nice to see that backend cloud integration feature was fixed. Now I'm back to using the Hik-Connect app with my new RCA doorbell because it has a couple features I like over the other rebranded apps.

It seems like the feedback feature in the Hik-Connect app is getting to the right group at corp. For example, I complained back in Feb in mypost that I sent feedback to Hik via Hik-Connect app and so far 2/4 have been addressed!

2. option to disable the subscriber is not available message ==> removed in my FW 180122 and also confirmed in 180515
3. bring back option to choose video stream settings other than 12fps, etc ==> selectable options are back in my 180122 version like prior to 171219
since rca security updated their app i switched back to them. one of the big changes in rca security was the motion detection area had way smaller grid. it's 1/4 of the orignal grid size. i didn't update hikvision connect app since i switched to rca security app. did hikvision app also have smaller grid in the motion detection area?? i hate the rca security app log me out of every few hours so i have to type in password so often every day.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
since rca security updated their app i switched back to them. one of the big changes in rca security was the motion detection area had way smaller grid. it's 1/4 of the orignal grid size. i didn't update hikvision connect app since i switched to rca security app. did hikvision app also have smaller grid in the motion detection area?? i hate the rca security app log me out of every few hours so i have to type in password so often every day.
I haven't used the RCA app for 3-4months now so not sure how their grid looks like anymore. The Hik app is okay sized grids. The smallest I believe is EzViz app. However, I use the Doorbell's web ui to set my motion detection grid as it granular enough for my needs.

The other reason I like the Hik-Connect app is that it is quick one stop shop for my all my rebranded cameras=> Annke Cube(rebranded Hik cubes), Annke NovaS, RCA Doorbell, etc.

brettcp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can rig a z-wave or other door sensor with external contacts to get tripped by relay when the button is pressed. Then your home automation could send voice announcements to Google Home. All doable with HomeSeer.
Do you know if its possible to accomplish this *without* the use of a physical doorbell chime? I currently just have the RCA connected to a 16v 30va transformer.. would love to get z-wave door sensor to trigger to my homeseer system. Thanks!

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone know how to make use of this doorbell if it had been linked to someone elses account already? My uncle has one which he originally set up under an account but does not remember which account or email he used amd he has not been able to figure it out. He hasnt used it in a while since he switched to a Ring Pro but said I can have it if I want it. So debating if i need it if i wont be able to set it up.

Any help is appreciated.

brettcp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Some of these kits include a resistor (my RCA did not, but I believe the Hikvision and Nelly's versions do) - does anybody know what value this resistor is?

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone know how to make use of this doorbell if it had been linked to someone elses account already? My uncle has one which he originally set up under an account but does not remember which account or email he used amd he has not been able to figure it out. He hasnt used it in a while since he switched to a Ring Pro but said I can have it if I want it. So debating if i need it if i wont be able to set it up.

Any help is appreciated.
just reset the doorbell by pressing and holding the side button. all previous account and doorbell setting will be erased.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just reset the doorbell by pressing and holding the side button. all previous account and doorbell setting will be erased.
Yes, we have already tried that but when attempting to add it to a new hikconnect accpunt by scanning the barcode, it says it is already registered on a different account. When entering it in manually, it allows to coninute to set up the doorbells wifi and it connects to the internet, but in the app, it gets down to 0 from 90 and says to retry, so it doesnt actually add it to the new hikconnect account.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, we have already tried that but when attempting to add it to a new hikconnect accpunt by scanning the barcode, it says it is already registered on a different account. When entering it in manually, it allows to coninute to set up the doorbells wifi and it connects to the internet, but in the app, it gets down to 0 from 90 and says to retry, so it doesnt actually add it to the new hikconnect account.
In my experience, I had to go into the other app(RCA, Ezviz, LTS, etc) to remove the device registration from that app before I can re-add back to my Hik-Connect app or any other app. Resetting the doorbell doesn't remove it's association to that previous app in the cloud backend. You might try contacting support team for that previously registered app to see if they an help delete that registration if you can't do the forgot my password option.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In my experience, I had to go into the other app(RCA, Ezviz, LTS, etc) to remove the device registration from that app before I can re-add back to my Hik-Connect app or any other app. Resetting the doorbell doesn't remove it's association to that previous app in the cloud backend. You might try contacting support team for that previously registered app to see if they an help delete that registration if you can't do the forgot my password option.
Tried already. No go on the support thing and the forgot password would work if we knew which email it was under and we dont.

bookemdano

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How many email addresses could your uncle possibly have? I feel like I have way more than average at about 10. Seems like it wouldn't be a big deal to just run through all his email addresses--it's bound to be one of them, no?

Chadsturgill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was having issues with my NSC-DB1 not following the alarm schedule. I contacted Nelly's Security. Ryan over there is awesome BTW. He gave me an updated firmware. It is version 1.4.62 Build 180726. Here is the link to download it. Box
It fixed my issue with the alarm schedule that can only be set in the camera webUI or by using the iVMS-4200 app.

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Tried already. No go on the support thing and the forgot password would work if we knew which email it was under and we dont.
oh i originally thought you just wanted to get the doorbell connected without using the phone app. you still can use ivms4200 or even hikvision connect phone app to connect to the doorbell camera without removing previous account info. There is one pre-condition to this, the doorbell needs to know the wifi network and password to join the network. and you need to know the password to log into the doorbell (whether the password was set previously or it had the default adminVerificationcode as password).

once you see the doorbell has booted up and said it has joined the wifi network, use ivms-4200 or hikvision connect app to add ONLINE device. find the ip address with model number on the list, then type username and password. then you have successfully added the doorbell to ivms4200 or hikvision connect app. There is a drawback using the hikvision connect app or ivms4200 by this. you cannot receive motion detection notification or button press for intercom conversation. all you can do with this on hikvision connect app or ivms4200 is live streaming and change limited setting on the doorbell camera. but at least you dont need to put the doorbell to garbage :)

i just tested this method again using hikvision connect app accessing the doorbell already registered under RCA security app. no problem.

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was having issues with my NSC-DB1 not following the alarm schedule. I contacted Nelly's Security. Ryan over there is awesome BTW. He gave me an updated firmware. It is version 1.4.62 Build 180726. Here is the link to download it. Box
It fixed my issue with the alarm schedule that can only be set in the camera webUI or by using the iVMS-4200 app.
Thanks. just downloaded 180726 and upgraded the firmware to my RCA doorbell. it is running fine now. need to test a few more days for stability of it.

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there if a Hikvision NVR will control the motion detection of this device Uniden U-Bell version? My Amcrest NVR will only record video/audio. Been using this for 2 weeks and can’t complain for a $100 off Amazon, it’s down to $90 last I checked. Thanks.

Chadsturgill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure that firmware 180726 version is good. I have completely lost access to webui. Reboot doesnt bring it back either. Going to try a reset if all else fails.

Update: False Alarm, IP Address changed on camera. WebUI is still running strong!

Last edited:

JJD

n3wb
Reaction score
Got an update to my laview app. Anyone else get this? My wife and I use the same account so we both get the doorbell rings. Anyone else see this?

Last edited: