Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

brillb

n3wb
Reaction score
One stream ... I get 2 using Hikvision.
What exact Hikvision camera model number did you select for this "DB1" doorbell camera?

Also, I have two of these doorbell cameras, actually with sequential serial numbers, and I can only get 1 of them to register as ONVIF in Synology. The other I've had to just use the RTSP URL rtsp://admin:pass@1.2.3.4:554/h264/ch01/main/av_stream - which means I'm doing server side motion detection rather than camera-side, which would lower the CPU usage if I could get camera-side. I can't figure out anything at all different between the two of them (literally one manufactured right after the other!).

I'll also mention that one of the two of them has significantly worse IR "glare" in the plastic lens housing than does the other one.

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with my uniden db1. When the doorbell is pressed, it doesn't ring my phone unless the app has been opened within the last 30 minutes. I've tried both the uniden one and hik-connect apps. I also installed hik-connect on my tablet to see if it was my s8 that caused it. The same issue persists. Is anyone else having this problem or did I get a bad unit?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi, I have 2 questions that are important to me.
The Uniden offering shown here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075V9ZKTY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?tag=ipctk-20&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

1- Am I reading correctly that it is virtually identical inside to the Uniden, RCA, LA View, HikVision etc, AND I can uinstall firmware from any of these companies? Do they all support ONVIF RTSP and synology ?

2- ALSO, does the Uniden have the same j14, j15 Jumpers available to disconnect the IR? This was the nain reason I was not buying one and I do not see any other brand that offers as good platform without going to a subscription model. If there is better please let me know.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Chadsturgill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m not finding any reference of disabling the IR via any jumpers. I know someone took the camera a part and talked about unsolderinf the IR. I wasn’t aware of any jumpers that could be removed. Is that for another hik vision product? I too would like to disable mine. That $89 deal at Amazon is a great deal. My understanding is that all of these are functionally identical hardware wise.

Chadsturgill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nevermind. I found the reference on this post to JP14 and JP15. I don’t see why these could not be unplugged on any of them. I think they are all identicle. I will do it to mine later. I have the Nelly’s version.

Chadsturgill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was having issues with my NSC-DB1 not following the alarm schedule. I contacted Nelly's Security. Ryan over there is awesome BTW. He gave me an updated firmware. It is version 1.4.62 Build 180726. Here is the link to download it. Box
It fixed my issue with the alarm schedule that can only be set in the camera webUI or by using the iVMS-4200 app.
Update on this. Further testing showed that this did not fix the problem. Initially it did work but then stopped working and I have never gotten the schedule to work again. Even tried a reset of the camera.

Mconigs78

n3wb
Reaction score
Finally got mine installed (uniden ubell) after having to get a wifi extender. I upgraded my firmware to the 180726 however I am still getting the "subscriber is not available, please call back later" if I decline the call. I updated through the ivms-4200 program.

My alarm schedule is working fine. I am using the uniden one app it had a 1 or 2 second faster notification than the Hik-connect app. One thing im not a fan of is when you get the notification of when the doorbell button is pushed and you click on it and then its like a phone ringing even when i have my phone on silent.

Mconigs78

n3wb
Reaction score
I ended up buying the RCA version anyway and mine does not seem to have that subscriber-not-available announcement. I upgraded the firmware using Hik-connect and it's at 171127.

But the problem is that when someone presses the doorbell, Hik-connect (Android) pops up and the "ringing" sound comes through as media. But my media volume is set really low or silent. Why can't it just ring like a ringer or notification. Then I can set the proper volume and even usr vibrate.
Did you ever find out how to turn that "ringing sound off"? Its like a skype call, I like getting the notification popup on my phone when the button is pressed but dont like the annoying "ringing" sound especially if i am working.

Springer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What exact Hikvision camera model number did you select for this "DB1" doorbell camera?

Also, I have two of these doorbell cameras, actually with sequential serial numbers, and I can only get 1 of them to register as ONVIF in Synology. The other I've had to just use the RTSP URL rtsp://admin:pass@1.2.3.4:554/h264/ch01/main/av_stream - which means I'm doing server side motion detection rather than camera-side, which would lower the CPU usage if I could get camera-side. I can't figure out anything at all different between the two of them (literally one manufactured right after the other!).

I'll also mention that one of the two of them has significantly worse IR "glare" in the plastic lens housing than does the other one.
Please forgive if this was asked (40 pages deep) but regarding your glare, did you remove the protective plastic disc that covers the black plastic IR area ?
I noticed the disc and thought about leaving it on but did end up removing it.

Chadsturgill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Please forgive if this was asked (40 pages deep) but regarding your glare, did you remove the protective plastic disc that covers the black plastic IR area ?
I noticed the disc and thought about leaving it on but did end up removing it.
Did it reduce the glare to remove it?

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Noisy Audio from Uniden Ubell

I noticed noisy audio when playing back recorded video from my NVR. There is no wind blowing or any other sounds in the area. Sure enough when I listen to the stream from my phone or tablet it is there too! Does anyone else have noisy audio? Wondering if I have a defective unit? Same results with Hikvision & Uniden app.

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did it reduce the glare to remove it?
I tested mine in total darkness and it's a thumbs down. Fortunately I have night security light always on and the image is great!(See Attached) I'm going to take a look tonight and see if anything is covering the IR area and let you know.

Attachments

Chadsturgill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Noisy Audio from Uniden Ubell

I noticed noisy audio when playing back recorded video from my NVR. There is no wind blowing or any other sounds in the area. Sure enough when I listen to the stream from my phone or tablet it is there too! Does anyone else have noisy audio? Wondering if I have a defective unit? Same results with Hikvision & Uniden app.
Yeah mine does it too. I turned the mic down really low to cut most of it out. I just think the gain is really high already on these things. I can hear my neighbor talking in his garage 50ft away when it’s 1/4 of the way up. That’s perspective.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Bob NWI That is a nice clear image. I'd like to see actual video footage of a human walking up at night though in the same night setting. Could you post that? Maybe record and post video clip of yourself pretending to steal a package off your doorstep! :)

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Bob NWI That is a nice clear image. I'd like to see actual video footage of a human walking up at night though in the same night setting. Could you post that? Maybe record and post video clip of yourself pretending to steal a package off your doorstep! :)
I'll try it tomorrow morning.
I am unable to post video footage only photos to this forum unless someone can tell me how?

I tried to upload but no option for video as I wanted others to hear the noisy audio to see if it is the same on theirs?

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah mine does it too. I turned the mic down really low to cut most of it out. I just think the gain is really high already on these things. I can hear my neighbor talking in his garage 50ft away when it’s 1/4 of the way up. That’s perspective.
Turning down the mic does not get rid of mine. I guess it kind of gets drowned out when a conversation takes place when answering the doorbell from the app?
As I mentioned in the post below I'll upload the video with the noise if provided a method to do so.

Mconigs78

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the Uniden Ubell with a linksys AC750 wifi extender about 5 feet from the doorbell.

Is that light up high in the covered area or like a coach light on the wall? I have a brick area with about a 5 foot walkway and around 6 foot wide cube area which does ok for when i have all my lights on. I will post a picture of my night view.

Here is what mine looks like when the sun is hitting it directly. My question is this the best area these doorbell camera angles get. I feel like i need another cam outside my doorway/porch to pick up more coverage.

Mine has been having issues lately of notifying me when there is motion. For instance today I left the house backing my car out of the drive way which passes the door it did not pick it up. Then a few hours later I came back and it did not pick it up again. Is that a wifi connection issue? Does anyone else have this issue. Its hit or miss with the alerts. Vehicles pulling into the driveway work at times but then last night i got a bug fly by and it gave me a notification for that.

Attachments

Chadsturgill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have made a recent observation. A fair amount of the time I go to any of the apps; Hik-Connect, Gaurding Vision, Uniden, EZVIZ, LAView, ClareVision, RCA Security and the camera shows unavailable but I open up my connection to Blue Iris and the camera is still streaming. Clearly there is a problem with the connection to the cloud at times. When this happens you won’t get alerts or a ring on your phone when someone pushes the doorbell. Curious if others are seeing this as well. It’s not a truly cloud free solution, in order to use the remote apps, we are relying upon the cloud based service to be up and operational.

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the Uniden Ubell with a linksys AC750 wifi extender about 5 feet from the doorbell.

Is that light up high in the covered area or like a coach light on the wall? I have a brick area with about a 5 foot walkway and around 6 foot wide cube area which does ok for when i have all my lights on. I will post a picture of my night view.

Here is what mine looks like when the sun is hitting it directly. My question is this the best area these doorbell camera angles get. I feel like i need another cam outside my doorway/porch to pick up more coverage.

Mine has been having issues lately of notifying me when there is motion. For instance today I left the house backing my car out of the drive way which passes the door it did not pick it up. Then a few hours later I came back and it did not pick it up again. Is that a wifi connection issue? Does anyone else have this issue. Its hit or miss with the alerts. Vehicles pulling into the driveway work at times but then last night i got a bug fly by and it gave me a notification for that.
My 60watt LED light is on the wall 1foot horizontal from the doorbell and 3 feet above. I have my motion grid set small and sensitivity in middle. I took me awhile to optimize setting. Motion will trigger at night from car headlights, not much traffic in my subdivision. My wife's car enters and exits driveway at night it will trigger the motion sensor. My car won't because it is a car width further over from camera. A person walking approaching from driveway will trigger motion sensor 15feet from camera.

Does your audio sound noisy in live view? Like a mechanical squeaking sound? I first noticed it when playing back on my NVR. Not sure if it is normal or defective?