switch day and night settings

pinecone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Using DS-2CD2032 under Blue Iris. My image settings necessary for day and night are quite different to get a good image. Under Advanced Configuration>Image I was hoping I could change my settings at different times by using the "switch day and night settings".

Will this work for me? By selecting scheduled switch I can set different values for both day and night. I just can't determine how the time setting works. If someone could walk me through this I would appreciate.

pinecone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No ideas? Maybe this is a Blue iris solution and not a Hikvision one. Surely I'm not the only one that needs different camera settings in daytime and at night.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There are multiple threads discussing this...You can use blue iris event schedule to change certain settings...

pinecone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did search before posting and found many threads on scheduling but could not find specific how to's on controlling image settings.

LaurentR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not familiar with BI, but can't you just do it on the camera? It has a lot of settings that can be changed at a set time between day and night (like WDR, BLC and others).
The curl method works, but you should be able to do most things on the camera itself.
After having played with cural, no I have the camera do the job and just use curl to update the switch times daily based on sunset/sunrise. Thsi way, even if there is a network or other problem, the camera does the switch anyway.